AI Drone recorder moves very slowly

Aaron shared this bug 9 months ago
Reported

Good day,

I've built my first AI controlled ship (so its entirely possible I have something configured incorrectly), and I have been experiencing the same symptoms as this post: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/29145-ai-recorder-moves-slow.

Basically I can't get the drone to travel faster than 5m/s. the ship itself is fully capable of travelling the max speed, but it appears to be firing thrusters in all directions rather than just aligning itself between 2 points and going forward... its as though it is meticulously trying to follow the line even though precision mode is off.

i tried to upload a video but the file size was too large, but i have uploaded the game save.

EDIT: In the game save, the drone ship is the ship with the Large Cargo Containers and Large Atmospheric Thrusters, not the Rover or either of the drilling ships

I appreciate the help!

- Aaron

Replies (4)

photo

i added a down thruster to get rid of the error on the AI (move) block, which increased its speed from 5 to 10 m/s, bu the issue still remains... its constantly accelerating in all directions rather than just moving forward at max speed. ive tried varying the speed, toggling align to p-gravity and collision avoidance, nothing seems to work.

photo

Hello, Aaron,

thank you for the save. I was able to reproduce the issue and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This is very similar to one of my issues. In my testing I found that the vector angle (relative to gravity) did have an effect on the performance and was able to get the drone to travel between 10-20 m/s if the angle was between 5 and -5 degrees. I even got the drone to reach 30m/s in rare cases.

photo

Is there any update on when this will be fixed? I am also affected by this bug :(

Leave a Comment

Attach a file