Small Grid Doors won't open if next to a Subgrid

Dakyn Saunders shared this bug 10 months ago
Reported

This is a bug that I have noticed with small grid doors, and it also appears to be mentioned in a post by Peares Subverse 2 years ago which they never responded to Small-grid Door Obstruction Collision Bug | Space Engineers PC Support (keenswh.com)

Essentially, if a Small Grid Door has subgrid blocks bordering the sides or bottom of the door (on hinges/rotors/pistons), the door will open but then become unable to close again until those blocks are removed.

I have gone ahead and attached a Blueprint file to help show some of the basic situations that I have seen this glitch occur. You will notice that all of these doors are able to open properly, but will be unable to properly close after that. I am sure there are many more situations where it occurs, and I am sure that it also applies similarly to the small grid Sci-Fi Sliding Door, as well as to many large grid doors with openings on at least one side (such as the basic Large Grid "Door"). However, I have not tested those things.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Eternal Colossus

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Dakyn Saunders,

thank you for the excellent blueprint. I was able to reproduce the issue and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file