Server Wide GPS Marker Loss on CA#2

Mithridates Rex shared this bug 10 months ago
Investigating

Good day,

I logged into CA#2 to do some mining and cargo transfer, and I discovered that ALL of my GPS markers were gone. As I've been active on this server since February 2022, this is a colossal number of markers that have vanished for no reason. After asking all the other players who were online today, they all reported they were experiencing the same glitch.

Weirder still, the projection tables are also projecting their blueprints while turned off, if you look at them from a distance and the correct angle, and those projections are life sized! Neither of these glitches were occurring prior to July 7th, 2023, and the server was operating as normal on July 6th.

Any support you can provide would be welcome, and is urgently needed!

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Mithridates Rex,

thank you for contacting us regarding your issue. The GPS markers are regularly deleted. Did all of them get deleted for all of the players or are some still visible? Does pressing H make them visible again? We tested this issue and the GPS coordinates were still visible on the server.

Can you please share your GPS coordinates of the projection table working while turned off? If it is on a moving ship then the name of the grid is okay as well.

Can you please share your log with me from the time those markers got deleted and projection showed up?

- You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I believe this is the file you requested and I hope the data is there, as this is the oldest one I could find. I had attempted a server reconnect and then a client restart as a means of resolving the disappeared GPS markers.

photo
photo

All GPS markers in the GPS menu for ALL PLAYERS on the CA#2 server have been deleted. Every single one. I have checked with 20 other players and they all have lost their GPS markers.

I shall experiment with pressing "H" again, but as they have been removed from the menu and not from my HUD I don't believe it will work. I shall include the log shortly once I am able to retrieve it. The phantom projection issue was previously reported to admins of CA#2 when the server's automated save was broken last month, but the rollback had fixed it at that time.

photo

Hello, Mithridates Rex,

thank you for the log. There will be a server restart today and it should return all the markers. Please let me know if it helped.

When it comes to your second problem, since it happened last month and it got fixed since then I cannot help you out further. However if it happens again, please create a new thread about the issue.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello again,

At the time of my writing this, I have NOT seen any change in my circumstances. I logged back into CA#2, but none of my GPS markers have reappeared. I have sent some messages to other players to see if they had better luck, but I haven't heard yet if they have.

It should be noted that I consider this to be an extremely upsetting incident, and borderline game breaking. I have played Space Engineers since Alpha and Beta Testing, and GPS markers should only vanish if they are temporary (ie: the unknown signals). A player's created markers should exist for as long as the server is in operation, to simply delete them by accident or design is to effectively erase that person's map of their neighbourhood, and disrespects their time spent playing on that server. In my case, I have operated two public outposts continuously on this server since February 2022. I depend upon my accumulated knowledge for their safe operation, and had I known that this could happen I would have taken steps to prevent the loss of 1.5 years of information, as well as all my time that went into collecting it.

I eagerly await a resolution to this matter.

photo
photo

Hello, Mithridates Rex,

as this is a wide spread issue we need to investigate this further. If you have any more information in the meantime, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

photo

I just wondered if there was any updates on the status of this investigation, and if the cause of the deletion has been identified? I'm still hoping to see a return of my GPS markers, as it will take me a very, very long time to rediscover what has been lost.

photo

Still waiting to hear from you about any progress investigating this error.

photo
photo

Any progress to report?

photo

The exact same thing is occurring on my server as well. I do have mods, but the issue is the exact same. Every player loses GPS coordinates every time the server restarts.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file