Cannot upload blueprint due to large thumbnail

Iconplasty shared this bug 10 months ago
Won't Fix

I'm unable to upload a blueprint to the workshop due to the size of the thumbnail. Steam has a 1MB limit, but SE is generating a thumbnail more than 3MB. I see several other reports of similar bugs that are either solved or archived, including this one from two years ago declared fixed in 1.200, but none currently open.

It seems like SE needs a way to downscale thumbnails before uploading to the workshop?

I'm playing 1.202.120. I'm attaching the blueprint below, obtained from the 'temp' folder. The 'cloud' folder (where the SE UI implies I should find it) only includes the thumbnail, not the whole blueprint.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Iconplasty,

thank you for contacting us and I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you please tell me if you let SE to generate the thumbnail or did you create it yourself? Did you use the "take screenshot" button? What screen resolution do you have?

I tried to paste your blueprint to my world and make a blueprint out of it again and then tried to post it on workshop. It worked for me, so can you please also share your world where you made this blueprint with me?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

There is 1 MB Steam limit for thumbnails which we cannot change, however the thumbnails generated by SE should not exceed this.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello!

My game resolution is 3840x2160

I got the screenshot by positioning the grid, going to the F10 blueprint menu and using the Take Screenshot button there. I did try replacing the screenshot myself (by downscaling it) but every time I tried to upload it, SE would replace the lower resolution one with the 3MB file. I'm not sure where it was caching that to replace it.

I'm attaching the creative world where I'm trying to do the upload.

photo

Hello, Iconplasty,

thank you for your reply. Your blueprint has been uploaded here if you need it: https://mod.io/g/spaceengineers/m/dart-frog

I launched your save and tried to make a blueprint of it, however the thumbnails are small enough for me, so I can upload it.

Can you please lower your resolution and deactivate your mods and try it again?

Thank you for letting me know if it helped.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

photo

S: We have good product that display you nice graphics.

User: My game resolution is 3840x2160. Could I publish to Steam Workshop?

I have the same issue

Screenshot size:

2024-01-26  16:28         3,199,763 thumb.png
I have enabled Steam Cloud option.

I resized thumb.png to smaller size

2024-01-26  16:28           723,789 thumb.png
If I resized thumb.png to smaller size it would restore original one.

2024-01-26  16:54         3,199,763 thumb.png

Please do NOT ask me to change display resolution.

Please just fix it.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file