Ai behavior on duplicate drones inconsistant

Robert Coxon shared this bug 11 months ago
Reported

Hi. I have constructed a mock up of a large grid drone welding bay. The drones are small grid. They are attached to the large grid mock up via a small head on a large grid rotor. This then has a small grid connector, projector and a merge block. This setup is duplicated 14 times, two rows of 7. I have 2 dedicated thrusters with over ride set on them and they are triggered to turn on when a sensor on the drone, senses anything outside of the drones shape. Once triggered, it sets of a series of timer blocks within the small grid drone that detaches from the large grid then is timed to move away and another timer turns the thrust over ride off then triggers the combat timer which activates the combat and movement blocks.

For some reason, randomly, some drones timer blocks do not trigger and just fly off into space. Am I over working the game doing what I have described?

I have attached a log, screenshots & game save

Replies (7)

photo

As an update, I have halved the amount of drones printed at once to 7 and its just as bad. Its thrown hours of work down the pan if I can't sort a workaround

photo

Video description.....emotional damage

photo

As an update, I have halved the amount of drones printed at once to 7 and its just as bad. Its thrown hours of work down the pan if I can't sort a workaround

https://youtu.be/EgiNwGLEZAU

photo

Hello, Robert Coxon,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you please provide me with your world save?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi. My bad, will send a save when I get home from work. Thanks for the fast reply.

Regards

Rob

photo

save game

photo

ok. After a chat with a very helpful player on the steam discussion page, they suggested that as all the drones have the same named blocks between them, this could confuse the game in some way so i have now got 14 of the same drones but with all the drones named #1, #2 etc right down to groups and blocks within each drone. This means that I am now projecting 14 slightly different blueprints of the same drone. All 14 drones have their own individual drone numbers right down to block naming e.g. #1 to #14

Still having erroneous drone malfunctions. Some are now hanging attached to the carrier. If you fly under the carrier to view them all getting printed, some timer blocks can be seen not turning blue. This means the sensors are not triggering the first drone Timer block now....but if i fly up to a hung drone, enter into its internals and manually trigger its (launch) timer block, it flies to meet the others in formation....as it should. When the fully welded drones are hung up in the bay, the sensor should be sensing a block but its not. sensor is on just not triggering even though it has a block within sensor range

photo

I hope i'm making sense lol

photo
photo

Hello, Robert Coxon,

thank you for the save. The player is correct. The sensors do not trigger the timer blocks and replacing them fixes the problem. I was able to reproduce the issue and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

So that means what in layman's terms. Is there some sort of build process I should avoid? Are printed sensors unable to sense blocks if the sensor is printed withing range of a block. Do they need a clear space in front of them once printed so it can figure out what an empty space looks like. As I'm typing, I am realising that the sensors are sensing through the drone to start with. I shall place them on top of the drone tonight so the sensor beam does not have to pass through the drone. Easy fix on that one. Thanks for the reply.

photo

Also, I've been told it may be the build process (printing) as the timer block may not have been built in time for the sensor signal to see a timer block but I've no way of confirming this

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file