Items / Containers Teleporting on destruction

Edward S shared this bug 11 months ago
Reported

Version 1.202.119 / Single Player

After welding a projected rocket, A conveyor drains gravel into it. This rocket then disconnects itself using an event controller and a timer, blasts off, and is completely destroyed when it hits an asteroid. Some amount of the time, the gravel within those containers teleports back to where the rocket was printed and loaded, but starts off at the same heading and velocity that the rocket was going the instant before it was destroyed, causing problems when it fouls up nearby grids or the next rocket in the sequence.

The screenshot is from a handful of frames after the gravel appears in the launch tube, flying outwards. The amount in the stack is exactly what is inside each medium cargo container

Replies (3)

photo

I managed to grab a video of this happening. Pictured in the clip is the rocket moments after leaving the launch tube, when the gravel from a previous rocket materializes and violently throws itself, actually hitting and altering the course of the next rocket.

EDIT: Oh, here's an even better one. That one you can *feel* when it smacks the rocket off course.

photo

Hello, Edward!

Thank you for writing to us.

Could you please let us know if there are any active MODs in the world where you have encountered this issue? If there are, we kindly ask you to check if the issue still persists in the vanilla world (with no active MODs) as well.

If the issue continues to occur, please provide us with the world save file where you have experienced this issue, along with any steps to reproduce the issue (if applicable).

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

No mods, here's the world file for you:

The antenna signal labeled "THIS IS BUGGY" is the printer itself for your convenience. the "gravel delivery system" signals are the printed rockets being fired off.

As a workaround, I did actually try a gravity generator with a sensor controlled collector on a piston, which somewhat worked, but this just created a race condition that eventually exploded when gravel shows up at just the wrong time.

photo
photo

Hello, Edward S,

thank you for the save. I was able to reproduce the issue and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file