This object is in archive! 

[SE Forever server] Every grid destroyed etc

Shannon M Brown shared this bug 18 months ago
Won't Fix

A few days ago a player with a name using invalid characters joined our server.

Shortly after the sim speed, and FPS of every player dropped to un-playable levels, grid's positions merged together, and became clipping with each other, and then the server crashed. After, players were unable to join saying that they got an error saying version mismatch. The solution was to remove the invalid characters in the sandbox,sbc, and sandbox_0_0_0_.sbs. and to delete the sandbox_0_0_0_.sbsB5. I renamed the player 'Hacker' and you can find his account in the save I will provide if asked. I cannot post it as it seems that they are on every platform of space engineers including this one to monitor, and destroy our server, and the Keen Official servers.

After the server rebooted tons of grids were invisible, although their collision meshes still existed, and they existed as a grid in the world.

Days later every sub grid detaches constantly, and sometimes locks the grid in a suspended bugged state, and after every restart there has been invisible ships.

Now, every single day the same issue happens as when the cheater joined the game, and the server is entirely un-playable. I have added all of their main accounts to the ban list, and disabled family share accounts, although it's possible that they are using alternative steam accounts.

It's a real problem because we pay a lot of money to run the server, and are denied the ability to play on our own server unless set to private, which is not what we want, obviously.

There's also a possibility that it's a bug in the game, although I can confirm that we were attacked as well.

I will provide the save in a private email, or discussion. I cannot post it here because we want to protect the integrity of our server.

Thank you so much in advance,

-SE Forever Admin team.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Shannon M Brown,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Did the grids vanish immediately after the attack? It seems like you are experiencing several bugs. Detaching subgrids and invisible grids are bugs which we are aware of.

Did you have any access panel doors on the grids that disappeared?

Can you provide me with the save file, please? You can email it here: Support@Keenswh.com

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!