This object is in archive! 

Crash on splash (before going fullscreen)

Noname Noname shared this bug 18 months ago
Solved

I haven't played in a few months and the game is now crashing a few seconds after the splash image is shown, but before going fullscreen and playing intro. I'm not really sure, but I don't think the game updated since the last time I played (Dec 2022)

As far as I can tell from the log, I'm getting a FileNotFoundException pertaining to a "RunPluginLoader" file. I followed the path to make sure, and there really isn't a file named "RunPluginLoader"; there is a single folder named "Data" and 2 files named "metadata.mod" and "thumb.jpg". I don't know how to get that file, since the game was uninstalled and completely reinstalled, presumably with workshop content included.

It may be relevant that I recently moved my Steam Library from C: disk (an old hdd) to B: disk (Samsung 980 NVMe SSD) and didn't run SE until now.

What I tried so far:

Verifying game integrity, all 31-thousand-something files were verified successfully.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game, issue persists.

Restarting PC, issue persists.

Log attached.

Specs, if relevant:

Mobo: Gigabyte Z590 Gaming X

CPU: Intel i7 11700K

RAM: 48GB DDR4 3200MHz

GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070

Game is installed on a Samsung 980 NVMe SSD.

Edit: Windows 10 OS, GPU driver 527.56

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us, and sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

There have been some changes in our Plugin Policy. Because of this, the existing Plugin Loader on the Workshop has been marked as deprecated, and some players are reporting crashes on launch with the "RunPluginLoader" expectation in their log.

If you previously used the Workshop version you may need to clear/change your launch options ;

In Steam> right-click on Space Engineers > Properties > General > clear the 'Launch Options' box.

Although, we recommend waiting until the game updates before reinstalling Plugin Loader, but if you still want to install Plugin Loader in the game version 1.201 you can use the Plugin Loader from GitHub with new launch options: https://github.com/sepluginloader/PluginLoader

Kindly let us know if the above mentioned workarounds resolve your issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thank you for the answer, my game is no longer crashing. Will my mods still work?

Edit: i figured it out and read some more about it. I have a lot of mods downloaded across years of use, so presumably i subbed to the plugin loader as a requirement at some point. Will I be required to delete the github version of plugin loader once the update drops and is there a time frame in which to expect the update?

photo

Hello, engineer!

We are glad to know that you are no longer experiencing the issue. As mentioned on GitHub, after the new update is released, you will need to use the new game launcher instead of any game launch options.

Kindly keep an eye on our official website for further updates (You can also follow us on Discord, Twitter, and Facebook, the links are mentioned on this web page).

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!