This object is in archive! 

Can't join online Space Engineers servers (Keen NA #1)

Cody Kinnett shared this bug 19 months ago
Solved

Unable to join online Space Engineers servers. Local play works fine. I keep trying to join Keen NA #1 and it keeps crashing to desktop. Any help is appreciated!

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Cody,

Thank you for reaching our forum with your issue.

Can you please provide me more information?

Is Keen NA #1 the only server that you are having problems with? Are you able to connect to any other server, or the outcome is the same for other servers as well?

Thanks for providing the logs, but the logs are not showing any full crash to desktop/any exception regarding crashes.

I can see, however, that you error about joining is the same as here. Can you please try the workaround mentioned there first?

If that won't work, you can always try our general advices when you are facing problem with the game. Those are:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

However, when seeing your PC manufacturer, I suspect the most the ASUS Game First IV app. We already had some issues specifically with this app. Can you please try to turn it off, disable it or uninstall it completely before trying to launch the game?

You can find more about this app here.

Please let me know if anything from above works for you. Thanks.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thank you for your reply. Deleting SpaceEngineers.cfg worked for me. I can now join online servers without issue.

Thank you so much!

photo

Hello, Cody,

thank you for writing back and for letting me know that the game is now working without issues. Happy to hear that.

Since there is no further assistance needed from our side, I will close this thread now.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you observe/experience any other issue.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!