This object is in archive! 

Wheels (wheel suspension) locking up [1.201.014]

tommelom10 shared this bug 13 months ago
Duplicate

i have this issue on game version 1.201.014(current version of game).

this bug doesn't seem to occur 100% of the time but is extremely annoying when it does happen.

the bug happens with any wheel suspension when there are blocks/wheels close to the wheel of a wheel suspension (think fenders). the cause seem to be related to connectors and/or landing gear

it seems the wheels apply friction into each other and the main grid. its almost like the hitbox for the friction on the wheels have expanded.

Known fixes that have been found are: Using the Cut/Paste function on the rover, and manually removing the armor blocks that form the fenders over/around the wheels. reloading the game has also worked

my rover uses offroad wheel suspension 3x3. and is usualy connected on a connector in my rover bay in my ship.

I have encountered this bug in the past. (past 2 ish years)

could the use of landing gear on the main grid affect the wheel suspensions on connected grids somehow?

similar posts I found (they are old):

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/wheels-locking-up-after-landing

↑ apparently this one is still "awaiting fix" after 2 years↑

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/multiplayer/topic/wheels-locking-up

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for letting us know.

However, the issue you described seems similar to this one.

For now, the known fixes/workarounds are the same as those you have mentioned.

Please keep an eye on the thread we have shared above for any new information, updates, comments, and possible fixes coming.

We are closing this thread as a "Duplicate" for now, but if you experience this issue even after that one is fixed, please open a new thread and provide all the relevant information there.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!