[BUG] Piston Behavior when merged within its own hitbox

Kenneth Opdahl shared this bug 14 months ago
Reported

As ive gotten more used to playing pistons and gotten to know more of its proper offsets, i've found some strange behaviour with the merge blocks and pistons, particularly one behaviour which is most definetly not intentional.

Some base info:

A large grid piston has an offset of 0.16m

one block is 2.5m

A piston extends 4 blocks to 10.16

The behaviour occurs if the piston gets merged to the same grid the piston base is placed if the offset is at 2.34m, which is a 1 block exension.

The behaviour does not occur on 4.84m (2 blocks) 7.34m (3 blocks) or 9.84m (4 blocks)

This behaviour also occurs on small grid. if the grid is merged on the first block extension, the same behavour is observed.

What's the bug:

If the piston is merged as specified above, once the grid is copy pasted, either the piston head or the piston itself gets deleted when pasted.

this seems to be caused by the piston head existing in the same space as the hitbox of the piston base. and as they now occupy the same space, as a single grid they cannot coexist so one or the other gets deleted. this behaviour seems to be intentional for rotors to avoid rotor ramps merging back into the main grid, but for pistons this "feature" is causing the issue described.

Ive linked a video demonstrating the issue, the red glass in the video represents the pistons visual hitbox.

- https://youtu.be/CLYk6TDX3Nk

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Kenneth Opdahl,

thank you for the video and explanation. Thanks to that I was able to reproduce the bug and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

i hope this one gets fixed, as this makes a piston pretty broken for compact merging designs when uploading to the workshop or, just copy pasting builds with the piston in a retracted state

Leave a Comment

Attach a file