This object is in archive! 

Unexpected crash and curruption

MrWhiteFlamesYT shared this bug 20 months ago
Won't Fix

We having issues where the server crash and corrupt the world and making the players loose all data and backups don't want to load properly when it is applied into the world, I did discuss this issue with my panel developer and there is no issue that was found and the config file under "appid/servers" the dedicated config file has no faults found. Wish to have this issue to resolved because the players that I have playing on the server don't want to start over again as they been grinding for hours now over the past day.

Any files that will be needed will can be supplied on demand.

Kind regards

MrWhiteFlamesYT

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, MrWhiteFlamesYT,

sorry to hear that you are experiencing the issues.

Can you please provide us more information?

What type of server was it – dedicated server, or in Lobby mode?

Are you using any mods on the save? If yes, did you try to take them out and try to load the game?

It would be good if you can share us the save of the server and the logs.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. Depending if dedicated server or Lobby mode, go to SpaceEngineers\Saves or SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Logs can be found in the folders as described above.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Ondrej

I will gladly provide the information

This is a dedicated server, its on windows 10 2019 server.

i am using the following application software/webpanel software "https://cubecoders.com/AMP"

No when i add mods it crashes my server anyways too.

The logs are from

2023-02-16

to

2023-02-23

Kind Regards

MrWhiteFlamesYT

photo

Hello, MrWhiteFlames TV,

thank you for the logs.

The first one is completely clean and I see no reason why the game should crash there.

In the second log, however, there is exception present; "Attempted to read or write protected memory".

Other players have this issue as well and they managed to solve it by disabling the feature described here. Once done, this allowed the game to work normally. Can you please try?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/core-isolation-e30ed737-17d8-42f3-a2a9-87521df09b78

Also, can you please try to run the game normally through Steam and the Space Engineers Dedicated app that can be found there? Without using the software/webpanel that you are mentioning? I would love to see if the same error happens there as well.

Thanks.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!