This object is in archive! 

crashing when changing character

xyee shared this bug 14 months ago
Solved

when i press "OK" in the character customizer my game just crashes.

is there any fix to this?

Best Answer
photo

Hello, xyee,

thank you for letting us know.

As you can see here, we had one player suffering the same issue, and he managed to resolve it on his side by installing the game completely anew on new disk.

Can you please try similar approach?

I can see that you have multiple hard disks on your PC. Can you please try delete the game completely (no leftovers in both (Steam and %appdata%) folders) and install it on some other disk completely new?

It is possible that you used some mods/plugins/scripts in the past and those data are still stored in the folders even though not apparently used in the game.

Please do not delete the %appdata% folder completely, if you want e.g. your saves, mods, blueprints etc. Just copy-paste it to some other place on your PC to back it up and try to run the game with new %appdata% SE folder with new cfg file and such.

Also I can see from your log that you are using multiple screens on your PC at once. Can you please try to disable the screens so you (and the game) is using just one?

Also please make sure that you are running the game with your primary graphics card (the GeForce one) and not the integrated one (Intel UHD).

Is this issue happening to you in the Medical room block in the game, or on the Character customization screen available in main menu as well?

Any more information might help. Please try what I have wrote above and let me know. If nothing change, can you share me new log file?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, xyee,

thank you for letting us know.

As you can see here, we had one player suffering the same issue, and he managed to resolve it on his side by installing the game completely anew on new disk.

Can you please try similar approach?

I can see that you have multiple hard disks on your PC. Can you please try delete the game completely (no leftovers in both (Steam and %appdata%) folders) and install it on some other disk completely new?

It is possible that you used some mods/plugins/scripts in the past and those data are still stored in the folders even though not apparently used in the game.

Please do not delete the %appdata% folder completely, if you want e.g. your saves, mods, blueprints etc. Just copy-paste it to some other place on your PC to back it up and try to run the game with new %appdata% SE folder with new cfg file and such.

Also I can see from your log that you are using multiple screens on your PC at once. Can you please try to disable the screens so you (and the game) is using just one?

Also please make sure that you are running the game with your primary graphics card (the GeForce one) and not the integrated one (Intel UHD).

Is this issue happening to you in the Medical room block in the game, or on the Character customization screen available in main menu as well?

Any more information might help. Please try what I have wrote above and let me know. If nothing change, can you share me new log file?

Kind Regards

photo

The complete fresh install on a new disk did the trick thanks.

photo

Hello, xyee,

that's great news! Really happy to hear that.

Since there is no further assistance needed from our side, I will close this ticket.

If you happen to stumble into any other issue in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!