This object is in archive! 

Exception occurred: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'AnselSDK64'

Dan Forsyth shared this bug 14 months ago
Won't Fix

Just tried to open SE. AnselSDK64 error. I have tried:

- Verify files with Steam.

- Reinstall of C++ VC.

- Reinstall of video drivers.

No luck so far. Logfile attached.

Replies (10)

photo

I re-installed SE and it started OK.

photo

Hello, Dan,

thanks for contacting us.

Happy to hear that you managed to resolve the issue on your side.

As there is no further assistance needed from our side, I will close this thread.

Feel free to contact us again, if you happen to experience any other issues.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Opps, it came right back after a few restarts. Tested with no antivirus as well. Same thing, take a while then same error.

photo

Hello, Dan,

sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue again.

Can you please provide more information? It would be good if you can provide new log file to see if the problem is still the same as you reported initially.

Also... what exactly you mean by "after few restarts"? Do I understand it correctly, that the game was working fine, you were able to play for some time and later, when running the game again as usual, you got this issue? You changed nothing in the meantime on you PC?

Any other additional information that you can think of sharing would help as well.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, the same error is happening to me as well. I was playing with some friends two days ago, everything was fine. Then I tried to open it yesterday and the game just crash after the splash screen. I opened the log to see what the problem was and I saw this line:

- Exception occurred: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'AnselSDK64': A certificate was explicitly revoked by its issuer. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800B010C)

at VRage.Ansel.NativeMethods.isAnselAvailable()

at VRage.Ansel.MyAnsel.Init(Boolean enableAnselWithSprites)

at VRageRender.ExternalApp.MyRenderThread.RenderThreadStart(Object param)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

I never touched my game files and I installed the game last week and all went well until yesterday. I attached the log for you to see

photo

Hello, Dan and Yoann,

sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue.

Can you please try to go to your Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content folder and rename or delete the Videos folder? This helped one player with not the same error in log, but similar symptoms.

Let me know if it worked.

You can also try to add "-skipintro" argument into Space Engineers launch options in Steam (right click on SE – Properties – General – Launch Options down in the bottom).

If nothing from above works for you, you can overcome this issue temporary by deleting the AnselSDK64 file in Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Bin64, verify game data through Steam and the game should work. If this works for you as well, as mentioned by other player, you don't need to reinstall whole game over and over.

While I know this won't be ideal resolution, it can help you save time until we manage to reproduce this issue on our side and report it internally.

Thanks in advance for writing me back.

Kind Regards

photo

So far, deleting the dll and reverifying the game files worked, I'm gonna keep doing this if it happens again. If somehow it doesn't work anymore I'll let you know

photo

But just to let you know, I have to delete the .dll and reverify each time I want to open the game. It's almost like it gets corrupted or something, would it be useful to send my dll the next time it crashes?

photo

Hello, Engineers,

yes, I know. I did write that you would need to do this before every launch of the game, sadly.

You can also try to disable the Ansel on your PC ultimately. That should stop this functionality to run at all on your PC, thus the game should not try and load it.. and you should not experience the crashes.

However, this is far beyond the game itself, or something that we should give you steps how to do that. If you are willing to try, please search online how to do it at your own risk.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

photo

I just received the same issue, here some information:

That issue came up after the game crashed while being in the saving mode "unloading world".

After trying to boot up the game again, this error occurred

photo

Hello I'm having the same issue, any progress on getting this resolved?

photo

Well, sadly no one answered the question. A reinstall doesn't help and installing the dependencies is not helping either.

The only way to let it work, is to replace that one file with an working one.

But after booting it for several times after fixing, you have to repeat it... Over and over again.

Replies have been locked on this page!