This object is in archive! 

I get disconnected from MP server if someone enters a ship while I am inside Cryopod or another ship

Bad Mojo shared this bug 16 months ago
Won't Fix

I get disconnected from MP server if someone else enters a ship while I am inside a cryopod or another ship's cockpit. This has been happening consistently for some time now. Here are the logs and thanks for any help!

13:55:32.1030 [ERROR] Keen: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Sandbox.Game.EntityComponents.MyTargetLockingComponent.RequestReleaseTargetLock()

at VRage.Network.CallSite`7.Invoke(BitStream stream, Object obj, Boolean validate)

at VRage.Network.MyReplicationLayer.Invoke(CallSite callSite, BitStream stream, Object obj, EndpointId source, MyClientStateBase clientState, Boolean validate)

at VRage.Network.MyReplicationServer.OnEvent(MyPacketDataBitStreamBase data, CallSite site, Object obj, IMyNetObject sendAs, Nullable`1 position, EndpointId source)

at VRage.Network.MyReplicationLayer.OnEvent(MyPacketDataBitStreamBase data, NetworkId networkId, NetworkId blockedNetId, UInt32 eventId, EndpointId sender, Nullable`1 position)

at VRage.Network.MyReplicationLayer.ProcessEvent(MyPacketDataBitStreamBase data, EndpointId sender)

at VRage.Network.MyReplicationLayer.OnEvent(MyPacket packet)

at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyTransportLayer.ProcessMessage(MyPacket p)

at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyTransportLayer.HandleMessage(MyPacket p)

at Sandbox.Engine.Networking.MyReceiveQueue.Process(NetworkMessageDelegate handler)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Sandbox.Game.EntityComponents.MyTargetLockingComponent.RequestReleaseTargetLock()

at VRage.Network.CallSite`7.Invoke(BitStream stream, Object obj, Boolean validate)

at VRage.Network.MyReplicationLayer.Invoke(CallSite callSite, BitStream stream, Object obj, EndpointId source, MyClientStateBase clientState, Boolean validate)

at VRage.Network.MyReplicationServer.OnEvent(MyPacketDataBitStreamBase data, CallSite site, Object obj, IMyNetObject sendAs, Nullable`1 position, EndpointId source)

at VRage.Network.MyReplicationLayer.OnEvent(MyPacketDataBitStreamBase data, NetworkId networkId, NetworkId blockedNetId, UInt32 eventId, EndpointId sender, Nullable`1 position)

at VRage.Network.MyReplicationLayer.ProcessEvent(MyPacketDataBitStreamBase data, EndpointId sender)

at VRage.Network.MyReplicationLayer.OnEvent(MyPacket packet)

at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyTransportLayer.ProcessMessage(MyPacket p)

at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyTransportLayer.HandleMessage(MyPacket p)

at Sandbox.Engine.Networking.MyReceiveQueue.Process(NetworkMessageDelegate handler)

13:55:32.1030 [INFO] Keen: User left BadMojo11

13:55:32.1030 [INFO] MultiplayerManagerBase: BadMojo11 (XXXXX) Disconnected.

13:55:32.1030 [ERROR] Keen: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyClientState.CheckPlayerAttachedEntity(MyEntity entity, String& error)

at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyClientState.ReadShared(BitStream stream, MyEntity& controlledEntity)

at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyClientState.Read(BitStream stream, Boolean outOfOrder)

at VRage.Network.MyClient.ProcessIncomingPacket(MyPacket packet, Boolean skipControls, MyTimeSpan serverTimeStamp)

at VRage.Network.MyClient.UpdateIncoming(MyTimeSpan serverTimeStamp, Boolean usePlayoutDelayBuffer, Boolean skipAll)

at VRage.Network.MyClient.Update(MyTimeSpan serverTimeStamp)

at VRage.Network.MyReplicationServer.UpdateBefore()

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyClientState.CheckPlayerAttachedEntity(MyEntity entity, String& error)

at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyClientState.ReadShared(BitStream stream, MyEntity& controlledEntity)

at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyClientState.Read(BitStream stream, Boolean outOfOrder)

at VRage.Network.MyClient.ProcessIncomingPacket(MyPacket packet, Boolean skipControls, MyTimeSpan serverTimeStamp)

at VRage.Network.MyClient.UpdateIncoming(MyTimeSpan serverTimeStamp, Boolean usePlayoutDelayBuffer, Boolean skipAll)

at VRage.Network.MyClient.Update(MyTimeSpan serverTimeStamp)

at VRage.Network.MyReplicationServer.UpdateBefore()

13:55:32.1030 [INFO] Keen: User left [007...284]

13:55:32.1030 [INFO] MultiplayerManagerBase: [007...284] (XXXXXX) Disconnected.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Bad Mojo,

thanks for letting us know.

Can you please provide more information?

On what server are you playing? Is it some Keen-official server, or some other? It is really MP server, or some other online game mode – your own (or friend's) dedicated server, or Lobby mode?

Does this issue happen always with the same reprosteps? The other person that enters the ship – is it some of your friends? Someone from your faction? Or some other, completely random, player?

Can you please provide me a blueprint of the ship that you are experiencing the issue on?

Plus having some kind of steps to reproduce or video showing me around the ship and the issue itself would be nice as well.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thanks for the reply. I'll do my best to answer your questions.

This is a dedicated MP server hosted on an i5 10th gen with 32 GB RAM. It only runs the Space engineers server and nothing else.

It only happens to me and not other players. It doesn't matter if the other players are faction members or not. I am the admin of the server and the server is hosted on the same network (separate PC though) that I am located on.

It doesn't matter what ship's cockpit I enter or what cryopod I enter, if there is someone else already in a ship's cockpit nearby, or if they get into a cockpit nearby me, the server disconnects me.

Thanks again for your reply. Hoping you can help guide me in the right direction for a fix.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for providing us with the info.

When we tried to replicate the issue at our end, the game worked fine when other players entered the nearby ship while DS Admin was in another ship's cockpit or Cryo.

Could you kindly confirm this issue is happening in an unmodded/vanilla (no active MODs) world? If you are experiencing this issue with active MODs, please deactivate all the MODs and recheck if the issue persists. If you still experience the issue, kindly send us the world save (unmodded), along with the screen recording/video and the complete log file where you experienced this issue.

• You can access your saved files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves. There should be a folder with your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated.

Kind Regards,

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!