This object is in archive! 

Projector wigs out after aligning projection with grid

Sintharia Sinestra shared this bug 18 months ago
Won't Fix

I'm trying to add a projector to a ship that projects the ship over itself so that battle damage can be repaired with ease. The problem I am having is despite setting it to keep it's projection after loading the blueprint the projector never actually keeps it, then it won't load it... so that obviously doesn't do me very much good.

I'm having this problem with both large and small grids and I'm not sure why. The positioning and everything is just perfectly fine but it won't load the blueprint anymore beyond initially being set up. The the projector just unloads the blueprint and wont load it or any other blueprint for that matter again after I set it up. It just breaks... there is no way to "keep the projection on after building" - as soon as the projection aligns perfectly with the grid the entire thing shits the bed.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Sintharia,

thanks for letting us know.

However, when I tried it on my side, I have not seen any weird or broken behavior of the projector functionality. After building the ship from projection and loading the projection of that ship on a build projector on the ship, the projection was present there all the time when "Keen the projection" was ticked.

Can you please share me more information?

Especially helpful would be if you can share me either exact steps to reproduce or a video showing this issue and what and how you are doing it.

Also if you can provide a save file where the grid is already set and has the projection loaded in the projector.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Not a bug, just the typical double-facepalm, user-unfriendly, that'll-do-ship-it, painfully embarrassing, tech-demo-level of implementation you should get used to when playing Space Engineers:

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/projector-is-not-saving-alignment-settings

Same "reason" that greys out sliders like the height offset in a wheel suspension where the wheel itself is missing, but where you also cannot re-add a wheel (to un-grey-out the slider) because the current height offset forbids it because of collision interference … even though you can adjust the height offset after all if you select the suspension without the wheel together with a different suspension with a wheel, where the slider is accessible, and change the height offset that way, allowing the re-addition of a new wheel after all …

Seriously, you cannot make this shit up. This is the level of quality Keen employees and managers are happy to let out the door as a purchasable product.

Replies have been locked on this page!