This object is in archive! 

Sound engine crash after "excessive" sound effects

AlienXtream shared this bug 18 months ago
Won't Fix

After a large number of sound effects occur at once (such as from Item "Klang" or when lots of debris hits the ground at once) the sound engine stops working. looking at the volume mixer (windows) reveals a continuous stream of "static" similar to what you may experience if a headphone jack were to be incorrectly inserted. headset is a wireless USB headset though. its not interfearance as its shown on the 1D histogram (that little green bar that bobs up and down based off sound level). the sound resumes correctly after reloading the world (not the game. quit to menu fixes it). im doubtful its related to my headphones or sound drivers. all this was experienced in "arcade" sound mode, not realistic. i can probvide more system details if need be, it should also be noted that im using the plugin loader so if "vanilla" tests do not do anything i can provide more details later but due to the amount of time i have at the moment i cant do that right now

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, AlienXtream,

thanks for letting us know.

I'm not able to reproduce it.

Are you sure that your issue that you are experiencing is not the same as this one? The name says its's in realistic mode only, but you can see in later comments that the issue is happening as well in arcade mode.

It has the same symptoms and the same cure (reloading the game).

If not, can you please provide more information? It would be good to have some decent steps to reproduce if you are able to reproduce it at will. Also if you can provide a video, if there is anything to see (hear) there, that would be good. And last but not least, some save file where this issue can be observed when following the steps.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!