This object is in archive! 

(Urgent) Vanilla SE bug caused by Multigrid Projector plugin

T shared this bug 19 months ago
Won't Fix

The Multigrid Projector plugin is popular in SE.

However, this plugin may cause issues when they join vanilla servers. Admins may misjudge the player as exploiters.

The plugin which caused the bug: https://github.com/viktor-ferenczi/multigrid-projector

Video report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJSWCSvXSjw

Video setup: One player with the plugin installed, the other two without the plugin installed.

1. The first half of the video is in a world with the multigrid projector plugin.
  2. The second half of the video is in a vanilla world, with no plugins.

A) When a player with plugin installed joins a Vanilla server and uses a projector to project a blueprint. The projector hologram will appear as a built grid with no ownership to other players.

B) In reality, the grid has not been built yet. Players can still move and fly through the "bugged hologram."

C) Additional bug: Players can take a blueprint of the bugged hologram.
This will further confuse admins if they try to copy the "bugged hologram" to check the grid and PCU.
The bugged hologram will appear as real as an actual grid.
  • Conclusion
    We are aware of the no grid ownership exploit, and admins can misjudge these bugged holograms as a built grids with no ownership.
    To avoid misjudgement (Before the bug is patched):
    1. Admins must check if the projector is on.
    2. Admins must attempt to physically fly through the grid to confirm if it is a projector bug.
    3. Admins must review past ban decisions and evidence.

Replies (2)

photo

Not only have I seen this happening quite abit in the past there is or was a issues with it as where you would build a projected image and once completed you and no one else even owned it. Also a couple months ago I had a issue where I could not take ownership even know I built it with my own mats and tools. So the time frame around when I noticed this was shortly after the warfare 2 update. I still have these issues from time to time on public servers. Thank you.

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, we do not support plugins and suggest players to not use them. Plugins are potentially dangerous and can damage the computer.

Our sincere apologies for not being able to help you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hey, that is nice that you answered that topic and totally understandable that it won't be fixed as this is third-party stuff in the first place. If you could provide an update on the 3 years old topic (which has a lot of traction) on supporting that feature natively in the first place, that would be super great.

Also, if you do answer, please do not answer me here but rather on the actual thread.

It is sad that it is "under consideration" for so long without never really have had any updates by the team. It would enable a lot in terms of printing more complex ships

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/multigrid-support-projectors

Replies have been locked on this page!