This object is in archive! 

steam multiplayer chat problem when too much text is sent

rimuru tempest shared this bug 20 months ago
Won't Fix

first of all, im new to this forum

second here is the issue: a friend of mine and me were playing on local save i made and he joined trough steam, we talking for a while and all of a sudden i get the issue were when he type my chatbox scroll thingy get sent to almost the top, i cannot read his messages so i have to go trough the comms tab and check it there, but each time a message is sent i get sent back to the same spot in the chat

im also bad at explaining stuff

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, rimuru,

thanks for letting us know about this issue that you are experiencing.

Can you please share more information? What amount is "too much" text?

Does this issue happen only to you, or to your friend as well?

In what mode do you play? On dedicated server, or in online Lobby mode? Who is the owner/admin of the server – you, or your friend? The two of you are the only people there on the server?

Does this issue happen only in the one specific game for you, or are you observing it in other games/worlds as well?

Is this issue going on, or does it fix itself while still in the same game, after some time? Or do you need to exit the game and load back again, so the issue is fixed? Or does it carry over in between individual sessions as well?

Any more information that you can share with me would help me.

Can you please also record a video showing this bug, so I can see exactly what you are doing before this issue starts to happen?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

i do not know how many messages is too much but i think you can count the numbers based on the ss the issue is only happening to me, i play in friends only up to 5 players max the 2 of us are the only people in the server, he also has a terrible ping (around 3k sometimes) to fix it i have to kill the server and restart it just a quick save and load will fix it

photo

Hello, rimuru,

does the issue happen with some specific action?

Is it e.g. possible that you accidentally press Pagu Up buttom when the chat start to behave weird for you? Like in this thread?

Can you read through that and either confirm or disprove it? Do you have any other findings/observation about this bug in the meantime?

Any information would help.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!