This object is in archive! 

Can't join my friend on any server, local or purchased dedicated

Bugsy 15 shared this bug 21 months ago
Won't Fix

hey guys, i have a weird issue. my dad and i have tried to play space engineers together in many different ways (hosting a server off of our personal pc, hosting it off of a friends pc, buying a dedicated server, having a friend buy a dedicated server etc...) and no matter what, if i am in a server, or he is. the other cannot join. it spends forever streaming or loading, or it just straight puts our camera into a random point in space with no physical objects loaded. no way to move, or interact, or use any UI. we have done extensive testing of the issue. at this moment. i am in a server with at least 3 other factions. the server works fine for everyone. however when my dad tries to join. the game breaks for him while continuing to work fine. and if he is on and i try to join. the game breaks for me. pls help, this is a very odd issue

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Bugsy 15!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. It sounds like this could possibly be connection related as you mention one is not able to join and it's not the same one each time. Are you and your Dad in the same house? Are you both using the same network? Are either of you using a firewall or any type of antivirus? We have had a few of these issues recently and one was the result of an application (See here: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/25655-cannot-load-into-anyone-elses-game)

Please can you supply a log file from when the issue happens? Ideally, from both you and your Dad (please have no mods involved)

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards

Laura QA Department

photo

Yeah sure! And it hasn't worked when we were on the same wifi, . or as well now when im on my own wifi at my own house. he of course is on separate wifi now. we arent using steam family sharing or anything similar. two comletely separate steam account, wifi, and computers. sadly all i have is a log from a modded server due to a recent factory reset of my computer in attempts to fix this issue. but the issue persists in vanilla as well. i will ask for a log from my father's computer the next time he is on

photo

Hello, Bugsy 15!

Thank you for the information. Firstly, we don't currently support Windows 11, I will help as much as I can but this could be the issue. Do you have the means to test this on Windows 10? Secondly, I'd really need to see a log from both of you without any mods involved or scripts as we do not provide support for these.

Does the same issue occur if you were to create either your own dedicated server or, if you created a lobby match and had your Dad join (or the other way round)

Finally, you didn't mention about the firewall/antivirus as this can be one of the main culprits.

We would usually suggest doing the following (I would do this on both PC's as we are not sure which is the issue)

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/Ws4EMcAEZLiaw-ytY2cR6XLSSVyw-ubL8IwlhijK19vTma2hXnMkIBFidx-WcQJdvzidxO9hDOvG7A_BhUmS9olsO7LtyKHbBE2Aw3I0_pwBGyolbA9iclI0SfBK8LTEvM2Rkk1681u55wFgxw6qxw

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!