This object is in archive! 

Cannot load into anyone else's game

Antel Powell shared this bug 21 months ago
Solved

Referred here from tech support ticket 25638-07-17.

I cannot load into any game that is not my own local save, and other players cannot join me. When loading into another person's local game, or any game server, I load into empty space with no body (see attached video). My own local games appear to be working, but my friends receive an error when trying to join me (on my end it shows them connect and then immediately disconnect). This was all working fine for the previous month or so, and has just stopped working some time in the last week.

I've attempted countless reconnections, no in-game actions can be taken, and pressing Backspace to attempt to respawn is non-functional. Reinstalling the game did not help.

I have no mods installed, and use no scripts.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Antel!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. It sounds like the same issue this user is having https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/24905-cant-connect-to-multiplayer-server (just a skybox) I would suggest looking through this thread and trying all the suggestions there. Could you also please try to join with all graphical settings set to low? DO you have another PC you can test in the same house?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hi Laura,

I've tried those methods suggested with no change. I tried setting the graphics settings to low, with no change. And I'm not using GameFirst (as I have no ASUS hardware). I'll note again that I'd been playing for a bit more than a month without any issues at all before this started happening some time last week. I took a break from the game for about 5 days, and then came back to this. Unfortunately I do not have another PC in my house that I can attempt this with.

The only error I see in the log is "ERROR: Camera entity from checkpoint does not exists!" which seems related but doesn't obviously point to the issue. The fact that my local saves also work fine for me is also strange. But playing by myself is no fun. Help!

photo

GUESS WHAT LAURA!? I figured it out!

The culprit was some security software that my company uses (Cloudflare WARP specifically). I turned it on last week to do some work, and didn't realize that it was interacting with SE in this way. The GameFirst clue tipped me off, and once it occurred to me that was what had changed, I turned it off and Viola!

photo

Hello, Antel!

That's great news - Thank you for updating us :)

Kind Regards,

Laura, QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!