This object is in archive! 

Game Crashes when trying to join server

doug stryjek shared this bug 20 months ago
Won't Fix

Every time I try to join a GTX Gaming Server (The Unit Reborn - steam://66.23.205.204:29165), the joining server and loading game screen will appear and after a minute or so the game will either freeze and I have to restart my computer or the game will crash and close. I have attached the game log from the most recent crash. Thank you for the assistance.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, doug!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. I can see you're having trouble fully downloading one of the mods. I'd suggest removing all your mods (after a backup) and trying to join the server again. This should then re-download them. Please let me know how you get on with this. Is this the only server you're having trouble with? Please also double-check your laptop (I believe that's what you're running) meets the requirements https://www.spaceengineersgame.com/system-requirements/

Kind regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I followed your instructions and removed all mods after backing up. All mods were redownloaded and unfortunately, the same mod, Isy's Inventory Manager continues to be an issue. Also, I really only play on this server on a regular basis. Below, I have listed some specs as well as attached a screenshot of yet more specs for my laptop. (yes, you were correct). I never had an issue loading, joining, and playing on the previously mentioned server until a few weeks ago when the server went offline for a day or so. Lastly, I can still join the server in question; however, I have to completely exit Space Engineers and sometimes even sign out of my profile on my laptop. Usually, by the third attempt or so I am able to join the server successfully. Please let me know if you need more info to help fix this issue. Thanks for the help

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz

Installed RAM16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

System type64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

EditionWindows 10 Home

Version21H2

Installed on‎10/‎10/‎2020

OS build19044.1826

ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

photo

Hello, doug!

In this case I would try the following:

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/Gf6SPbRgzYgsxu0yGpc9h5madAgrgyZZ6V2OUAIgzLuIsEjclZm3YD8wHaNog0yZeFlC2LvffyUHOC_9baU4HgAq0zNOSReZyRgodF31quNe6hG0_i6p4qxiXg4NxMN3B-wLcasw_0rqnCyzvxC6PA

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

This will hopefully clear out any files if they are causing an issue.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!