This object is in archive! 

Game don't start

Pasquale shared this bug 21 months ago
Won't Fix

When I run space engineer from Steam, it crashes immediately. Sometimes appear the starting windows and then crash. I tried to reinstall the game but the problem persists

Replies (9)

photo

Hello, Pasquale!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue and thank you for the log. Please do the below steps:

When it mentions re-installing, can you do a full uninstall? Delete any remaining files in the directory, and a full reinstall. as the reinstall before might be leaving files left over and we want them all removed.

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/xNffsSyIi9qCyEiESD_qNzQ4McO0lg5rCsvVdl7VaYv1fXlXvfgTmZnEx10tmH0V7BVN0mPX0I7O-PtzqXp_JYhXr1v2PZROYsfPqZDaqB_M7CskWGDOiELhqm2dgbo-8OuGt18Zd4RuTcY_oA

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I tried all these things but the game still crash before start

photo

Hello, Pasquale!

Could you please let me know which graphics card you are using? The log doesn't state it in this instance.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Amd radeon rx560. the drivers are updated

photo

Hello, Pasquale!

Thank you for this. Have you checked the minimum specifications to run the game? Please verify you meet these. https://www.spaceengineersgame.com/system-requirements/ Your log isn't giving the fully specs as mentioned. I assume from this you are running a laptop?

Kind regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I'm running it on a desktop pc. I played this game since 15th June, then it started to crash at the start.

My specs are:

AMD Ryzen 5 1500x

32 GB RAM

Windows 10 64 bit

AMD radeon rx 560

photo

Hello, Pasquale!

Please take the following steps:

Kind Regards,

Laura, QA Department

photo

i followed these steps, but the problem isn't solved

photo

Is there a way to play the game?

photo

Can you help me?

I tried all the steps above but the game continue to crash at the start.

I payed for the game and i want to play to it.

photo

The problem is not solved. Checking hte log, it says there is a cfg file missing

photo

Hello, Pasquale!

Firstly, Please can you now provide a new log now you have done the mentioned steps?

Can you also please switch to an older version of the game to see if it runs for you? Right click on the game in Steam> Properties > Betas > Pick one of these (1.200 is the recent one)

Is your GPU overclocked?

Finally, please re-install DirectX

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

This is the last log. The GPU isn't overclocked. Version 1.199 works

photo

Hello, Pasquale!

We have spoken internally about your issue. We believe there may be multiple causes for the issue you're experiencing. Broken OS, broken DX installation or, 3rd party apps can cause the issue.

We ask that you do a fresh OS installation with installing all up to date drivers.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!