This object is in archive! 

Game Keeps Crashing

Nick Vrettos shared this bug 21 months ago
Won't Fix

Hello! I am having a very difficult time getting Space Engineers to run. I have followed all they walk around posted by Dan 2D3 D on the steam community forums, but I can't seem to get anything to work. the issue happens fairly frequently and this is what occurs: 80% of the time when I try to start a new game I can get through the game creation screen without an issue, and then when you start the parachute to the planet surface, I get the red error box of performance issues in the upper right hand corner of the screen. I should hit shift F1, and there's nothing in the pop up box. Pretty soon after that, the game crashes. I have verified the integrity of the local file several times, erased the dot CFG file, and nothing seems to work. Every so often, maybe 10% of the time, I'll load a savegame and it works without issue. Have a most of the time the game just freezes and crashes. All my drivers are up to date and I have attached my latest crash log. If there's anything you can do to help me I would greatly appreciate it. being an engineer, I love the premise of this game, I just wish I could play it.

here are my computer specs:

Intel i9-10900k @ 3.7GHz

64GB ram

SamsunfgC43j89x Ultrawide monitor @ 3840x1200, 60Hz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 1GB

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Nick!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, the error code is quite generic. It points to some kind of issue with your graphics card. Do you get the same issue in each graphical setting? High/medium/low? Can you please test these and also with the grass draw distance reduced?

After this, I would do the following:

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/KHGpyNjayo2gcQ6gW5Z4-aF2h2reNB64yvmFmQpcBeBSiMCk4H068SEB_MYC7oSRnsO5WiJbBkdAWvvGUVhFTUGppJEUYDBeocGr3Ty_sFfc9e4SoZzQqCqCtcpR1FyjrKDBX-JrmN9SzUJalQ

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Finally, if it is still not helping, I would take a look at your card. Connections, possible hair in it etc and make sure everything is as it should be.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Sorry for the delayed response. I tried everything you listed above, and nothing worked. I keep getting the same video driver error message.

Replies have been locked on this page!