This object is in archive! 

Unable to join server

Shawn Brooks shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Hello Keen Peoples,

Clever a title drop down that makes it impossible to type in message box.

First off i bought this game back in 2015, because i believed in the possibilities this game represented a true open world sand box where you literally write and create your own story. "thats amazing!" i thought to myself.

Back then I owned an alienware M14xR2 and ran this game on settings my friends were jealous of complete physics freedom, it was amazing, except..... multiplayer was so buggy it was really hit or miss and you usually spent hours just trying to connect to your friends.

Fast foward to 2022, are you serious!? multiplayer is still broken!? why is it 2022 and this still exists? Look im not gonna turn this into a hate email where I bash and make you angry. im just upset this is still even a thing. I currently game on an Asus G14 with AMD Ryzen 9 with 16 cores, 40 gb of RAM, with integrated Radeon Graphics 3000mhz, and Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060. Space engineers Uses the Nvidia Card.

I have more than enough power to run this game a couple times over and not even notice.

Steps i have taken:

Deleted - CFG file - Multiple times

Deleted - Shader file - Multiple times

Deleted - Space Engineers and reinstalled - Multiple times

Opened ports on my router, port 1500

manually allowed access through my firewalls

Deleted - Steam and reinstalled - Multiple times

Run with and without admin access

Launched from desktop, steam launcher, Nvidia experience, RoG Armoury Crate.

Checked, double checked and triple checked all Drivers.

This isnt just a internet problem either, between myself and my sons, we own three copies of space engineers. My sons can connect to one another without issue. But even in local play sitting in the same room i am unable to join their private server sessions.

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks so much,

Shawn Brooks

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Shawn!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.

However, unfortunately, the game is not currently supporting Win11, so using it for playing can result in various issues.

I will provide our usual steps (unfortunately, it seems most you have tried) which may help you but ultimately, as this is Windows 11 we can not offer more help

• Verify your game files in Steam
  • Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Also, double-check anti-virus which you have probably tried already as you have been quite extensive by the looks of your steps so far.

Finally, a number of users report issues with Asus GameFirst and connection issues, I notice you are running Asus. If you are using Asus software, please take a look at this as it can cause issues https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/crashing-space-engineers-servers-by-joining

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

You know what im not going to let this go.

If you would have actually read my emails you would know Ive done the very same thing you are suggesting multiple times.

So if your going to work in support actually read your customers complaint.

Fix your multiplayer its not my job to fix your product, its my job to buy your product and enjoy it. not troubleshoot and fix it, thats your job.

photo

Hello, Shawn!

Please can you join an official Keen server and provide a log from this?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!