Assembler queue desyncs when only one or two speed modules are attached

Andriel Chaoti shared this bug 23 months ago
Reported

Title

Expected Behaviour:

• The assembler queue counts down by one every time an item's finished.

Steps to reproduce: (Survival Star System, No Mods, Creative Mode Tools enabled)

• Build an assembler
  • Attach 1 or 2 Speed Modules (They do not have to be on)
  • Queue up a lot of items that build quickly, (Steel Plate, Construction Component will show this)
  • Observe extra items getting removed from the assembler queue as it counts.
  • This is purely a visual bug, the queue still completes as ordered. The queued item will stay in the list showing x1 until all the originally ordered items are completed.

Notes:

This does not happen if there are 3 or 4 speed modules on an assembler (again, being on or off doesn't seem to matter.), There has to be between 2 and 5 upgrade ports covered (inclusive, though most noticeable with 2 or 4)

The screenshot is showing it sitting on x1, this specific time I crafted 100 construction components and every 5 it would skip 5. Video shows what is happening better.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Andriel!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I really appreciate the information you have provided and the useful video. I have tried to reproduce the exact same setup as you have from your video but have been unable to reproduce the issue. For me, the last does not pause or lag like in your video. I have, however, seen this previously but not on this setup/ with these blocks involved. Would it please be possible to have a copy of your save file so I can test it in your world? :)

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Here's a save where I confirmed it's happening on, unmodded.

photo

Hello, Andriel!

Thank you so much for this :) I have reproduced the issue with the save file and reported this internally. I also noted that this: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/assembler-production-queue-count-incorrect is a similar issue but with realistic settings involved.

Kind regards,

Laura, QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file