This object is in archive! 

Textures still broken since Warfare 2

Anewman shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

My copy of the game has not been able to properly load graphics since the Warfare 2 update. Attached are photos of a new map, no mods, with graphics set to medium to illustrate the issue.

I've noticed that whenever I load a world the graphics are normal for about a second before blurring, not sure if that helps trace the issue.

I've tried the following fixes already -

• Reinstall the game
  • Verify the game files
  • Update graphics drivers
  • Deleted SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • Tried every permutation of graphics settings/Anisotropic flitering/anti-aliasing

This is a real bummer because I really love this game and want to keep building but this bug is really holding me back. There isn't an issue when I use the Heavy Industry Beta, but I'd like to be able to enjoy all the new updates!

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Anewman!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Can you please supply a copy of your log file from when you experience this issue? Is this limited to specific worlds at all, or, on each world you create?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards

Laura QA Department

photo

Laura,

See attached. This happens to any and all worlds I've created, regardless of whether I use mods or not. Just let me know if there is anything else you need.

photo

Hello, Anewman!

Could you please supply the Space Engineers log rather than the VRage one?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Is this it? Thanks!

photo

Hello, Anewman!

Yes, that's the one. Unfortunately, there are a large number of mods in the log. Can you please test this on a new world without any mods involved? We do not provide support for mods and I can see a few errors in there. Please let me know if you experience it in the un-modded world and provide a new log from this.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Sure, thing, here it is!

photo

Hello, Anewman!

Thank you for this. Whilst looking at your log, I am unable to tell what GPU you are running. Could you please let me know what specific GPU it is?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

It's an AMD Radeon Graphics card. The other tag on my laptop says AMD Ryzen 4000 series 7, but I think that might be a different thing.

photo

Hello, Anewman!

Could you clarify the laptop? I can have a look to see which graphics card it is if it is more specific anywhere.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

HP Envy X360 2 in 1 15.6" FHD Touchscreen Laptop, AMD 4th Gen 8-Core Ryzen 7 4700U (Beat i7-8550U), 20GB RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD

photo

HP Envy X360 2 in 1 15.6" FHD Touchscreen Laptop, AMD 4th Gen 8-Core Ryzen 7 4700U (Beat i7-8550U), 20GB RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD

photo

Hello, Anewman!

Thank you for this.

Can you please do the following?

1. Remove all mods
  2. Create a brand new fresh world without any mods in it
  3. Allow yourself to spawn into the game
  4. Move around for a minute or so
  5. Exit the game back to the main menu
  6. Supply the log file from this

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Laura,

See attached. All mods have been completely uninstalled from the game and I followed your steps to the letter.

photo

Any luck resolving the issue?

photo

Hello, Anewman!

Can you please remove Space Engineers, delete all the files that remain in the install directory, and reinstall the game again? Before you do this, please have backup your saves and blueprints and also wipe that directory as well.

Please let me know how you get on after this.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Laura,

Done. Uninstalled, deleted the install directory, reinstalled a completely clean version with no mods or anything. Still had the issue with textures. Game log is attached below.

photo

Hello, Anweman!

Thank you for working through this process with us.

Unfortunately, after a careful review of your ticket, it appears you do not meet the minimum system requirements to play Space Engineers.

The graphics card in your laptop is an integrated card which is sharing the power between the GPU and the CPU.

We cannot guarantee stability or that the game will run on a system that does not meet these requirements.

Please review these specifications: https://www.spaceengineersgame.com/system-requirements.html

We appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I'm sorry to hear that. Since I never had an issue with graphics in the past, is it possible this can be fixed in a future update/patch?

Replies have been locked on this page!