The texture does not load since the new update (Warfare 2)

Darwork IV shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

Hi, I have the following issue.

Ever since I updated Space Engineers, the game doesn't load the textures. When I put the graphics on "Low", it does generate textures but if I leave them on "Medium" or "High", there is no difference between them since it does not load the textures.

It is very annoying to play because in low graphics it only loads when I am close to the block and my ships that are a bit far away look horrible.

I play from Steam and have tried the following:

1 - Restart the PC.

2 - Verify the game files with Steam.

3 - *Delete the CFG file.

4 - Delete the content of the ShaderCache folders.

Attached image with graphics in "Medium" and last Log of a new map created.

Thank you.

Replies (9)

photo

Furthermore, I am aware that I don't have strong graphics but before the Warfare 2 update, I was able to play at medium quality with no performance issues and it looked good.

On the other hand, I attach images of what it looks like with low graphics and with medium/high graphics.

I hope to be able to play like before and enjoy the new DLC, thanks

photo

Am also experiencing similar issues with armor textures. Only since the update. Issues didn't exist beforehand.

As can be seen from attached image:

White blocks rendering at correct LoD, Blue blocks at same distance from camera rendering at low LoD

photo

So, i set my textures to medium. Nice crisp textures no fade away dosapear etc.

photo
photo

yeah me too, the texture wont load even I wait it.

just blurry texture and sometime rotor texture just invisible

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I have been going backwards and forwards between the current version and the previous version to experience differences but haven't been able to reproduce anything. Is it possible someone could supply a blueprint of something that is not loading properly for them and which graphical setting I should test this with? This would be better as I will know the blueprint is definitely causing an issue for you.

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Laura, if you would kindly look into provided log, you would find out their CPU has integrated GPU. And since you marked my bug https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/22824-textures-not-loading-on-integrated-gpu-systems-after-1-200-warfare-2-broadside as duplicate of this one and I specifically guessed the problem is on integrated GPUs as I have one too, you wouldn't ask for a blueprint. Textures are the same whatever the blueprint. It is engine problem with loading textures into integrated GPU shared memory. You should ask someone to test on integrated GPU system instead of leaving this bug in "Need More Information" with nonsensical demand only to later mark it as Obsolete or Won't Fix when you obviously won't get that required blueprint as such simply does not exist. I have seen this approach from Keen before: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/0-pcu-grid-search-contract-disconnects-me-from-server

photo

I'm running a 3070oc, I7 gen 10 @ 5.1ghz all cores and a M.2, 32gb ram, and having issues with armor textures loading too. DEFINATELY not you all's pcs lol

for me they will load when I first paint a block then almost immediately go to ultra-low quality like I'm looking at it from a mile away but I'm standing on the block.

photo

I'm afraid I don't have a screenshot available, but I tested this yesterday before I found this thread by creating a new Vanilla empty world and placing a single large light armour block in it. The block did not render on any texture setting above Low, and no other settings affected this. I tried with Default and Battered skins and neither worked.

So I could supply a blueprint but it'd be a bit pointless since the blueprint would be a single light armour block

photo

I set my textures to medium and this fixed the issue with nice crisp textures. No disapearing no blurry, textures always there.

photo

I have the same issue on every build I do in every world I create it's stuck on low-grade texture. once and a while it will snap to a high resolution when the camera POV is moving forcing a re-rendering of the scene but then right back to low-grade texture. I run SE on 2 computers

Issue Computer NVidia Geforce GTX 780 Ti, Functional Computer Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti

Did Warfare 2 update force older cards to be obsolete?

photo
photo

Hello, Engineers!

Could everyone supply a log file to see what specs/settings are being used when you experience the issues?

The screenshots are useful to see but we will need to determine what this is being run on and if anything obvious shows up in the logs which match the original users setup? :)

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

We would always suggest trying the following first too (although appreciate Darwork has tried some of these)

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I don't remember which of these sessions is the one corresponding to the screenshot I sent, but I experienced the issue in both.

photo

i didn't take screenshots, but loaded up the world, saw no textures and logged out again

photo

Bought the latest DLC and updated yesterday after not playing for a while.

I was hoping for some nice new parts to play with but instead I have textures not loading all over the place making the game pretty unplayable.

Textures for screens and Armour panels not loading even when the player is standing right next to them idle for several hours.

I am using a Win10 desktop with a 6 core Xeon (X5650), 24G of DDR3, & a dedicated GTX680. This is the first time I have experienced any issues running SE on this machine.

Is there a solution for this Yet? It seems to be a common issue that has been around for a while..

Log attached.

photo

I have the same bug. My chraractes is also in blurry texture. Offline screens also have the "offline" word super blurry. I've been lookinmg for the solution for months. It's so sad because a I started to play a lot when this update was released and not find satisfaction playing seeing my world like this

photo

Same problem. Some textures or lcd screens getting blurry,

Sometimes they are ok and when i get closer it gets blurry.

I had similar problem with the frostbite dlc scenario. after i built too much stuff, the game started to constantly reload the textures. I had 8 gb of ram. Switching it out for 16gb solved it.

But now it is only specific areas are getting blurry. Always the same place and lcd screens.

photo

Lowering the textures quality to medium gets rid of the blurry textures.

I still have 3-5gb more ram that the game can use. Yet it rather makes the textures blurry, And reloads it from time to time.

Might be a weird memory leak?

Recommending 32gb is a bit much for it.

photo

I'm still having this issue as well.

Recently updated drivers on 1050 TI, showing abnormally high GPU usage since update.

SE used to run my GPU to about 40% with no other applications running, now hitting 90%...

I'm not sure if my GPU is just dying, but I thought it might be a valuable lead if this isn't quite resolved.

photo

Used to be able to play multiplayer saves with a friend taking 20 to 30 minutes to load just fine on medium texture quality on 1050 TI (in a laptop with 32GB ram) and being so resource heavy it'd run the main grid at 11 to 15 FPS. Now it takes me 4-5 attempts to load into a game that takes about a minute to load up because I keep crashing on a random texture each time that doesn't fit in some array. This save doesn't touch the FPS rate at all yet. There's mods involved but the crashes come from a random texture each time. The last ones were from the fighter cockpit and default standard gray paint thingy.

>> I was able to temporarily stop the crashing by reducing texture quality from medium to low, but it did not last long. A day of playing without crashing and my ship kept on getting built, and it soon restarted the crashing. <<

My variation of this problem may seem different but I play on a laptop and when I do get into the game, my graphics card utilization is on 97% to 100% so the laptop's shared memory is getting involved. In the past, I was able to play much much HEAVIER saves resource wise, so this is definitely something that's off. Verifying files and all that other good stuff doesn't change a thing.

example crash:

2022-12-28 19:53:18.928 - Thread: 12 -> Warning: Missing textures for part(s) PaintedMetal_Default (ColorMetal NormalGlossFilepath ExtensionFilepath AlphamaskFilepath) CockpitFighterGlassOutside (ColorMetal NormalGlossFilepath ExtensionFilepath AlphamaskFilepath) in model d:\steam\steamapps\common\spaceengineers\content\Models\Cubes\small\CockpitFighter_LOD1.mwm

2022-12-28 19:53:19.353 - Thread: 20 -> Texture EMPTY with size 1x1 can't fit to file array with size 32x32

2022-12-28 19:53:19.405 - Thread: 20 -> Texture ReleaseMissingExtension with size 1x1 can't fit to file array with size 512x512

photo
photo

Hello, Engineers!

It´s already quite long time from when this issue was originally posted as well as from the last comment.

Are you still experiencing it? Or was it fixed in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for confirming me current situation.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Of course it wasnt fixed.

photo
photo

Hello, Engineers!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

photo

Classic Keen, we will ignore you for 11 months and then give you 14 days to confirm that some magic havent happened in between, because if there are no updates in that time, what exactly could have fixed the issue?

photo

Hello, Space Ork,

we are sorry that you are still experiencing this issue.

I will reopen this thread for you. But can you please share more information about the current situation on your end?

Is it still the very same?

Please make sure you are not using any mods, plugins, scripts or any other 3rd party SW with the game.

Also please make sure that you are running the (vanilla) game as it is designed to be used on the designed PC. Did you overclocked any part of your PC (GPU, CPU...)? If yes, can you bring this down to manufacturer values?

Can you share me your PC specs along with your game settings? Did you try to lower the details of the game, when playing?

Are you sure you did not alter any part of your PC that could end up with this issue?

If any of above is true and you have the PC and the game in the base/manufacturer/developer state, can you please share me new log file from affected game session, your PC specs, log from Windows event viewer and where exactly is the issue happening.

Is it the same when playing single player, in Lobby mode, multiplayer? Does it happen in all your games, or just one/two/three... exact save files/game modes?

Also please share me a video recording of this issue (preferably with your in-game settings showing in the video) and some save where this issue is happening?

For logs:

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

For saves:

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thanks.

Kind Regards

photo

I have given you more information in a bug report that is linked in my first comment here. Same driver, same OS, same hardware, same problem. You made it inaccessible for me. I dont like wasting my effort.

Your engine is wrongly assessing if you can load more in VRAM, possibly related to integrated GPUs shared memory. VRAM is unused and you refuse to load assets in and unload even icons in inventory or in G menu whenever not displayed for me. Bad measuring of available VRAM. Thus blurred textures as only the lowest detail is used even though there is plenty VRAM available. If people with better graphics lower their settings so they fit in your wrongly assessed small VRAM limit, their textures load properly at selected level, still with plenty of VRAM unused because you measure it wrong since Warfare 2. I am already on lowest and so cant fit in your wrong low VRAM limit.

Your engine is probably reading this (not my log, but same issue) wrong, you should use the mem + shared mem, not just mem

2022-05-11 19:10:38.533 - Thread: 1 -> Name = AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics + DISPLAY1

2022-05-11 19:10:38.533 - Thread: 1 -> Description = dev id: 5686, mem: 520933376, shared mem: 10396471296, Luid: 77250, rev: 194, subsys id: -2018963396, vendor id: 4098, feature_level 11.1: True

I think I saw a line in your changelog about resolving crashes on multiplayer join - I think you added some VRAM unloader in it that uses this wrong value.

photo

Hello, Space Ork,

thank you for going this far with us.

After further discussion with our programmers team, they agreed they will take a look into this.

I have reported the issue into our internal system.

Kind Regards

photo
photo

Looks fixed.

photo

Hello, Engineers,

this issue should be already fixed and the fix working on your side.

Since there is no more comments about the issue being still present, while there is one comment from Space Orc (thank you for that) that it is most likely fixed, I will close this thread now.

If any of you are still experiencing this, please let us know by opening new thread with description of the current situation.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

photo

58e9c2a43ab9e40e014c23d32b55889eHi I've had this problem for a long time, about 8+ months and the textures still don't load properly.

I have seen that it has already been discussed here but nothing has changed for me yet. I don't know what the problem is but it bores me in the long run.

In the beginning it wasn't that bad, sometimes the texture became very low (picture) and then it was quickly displayed correctly again, so I didn't think anything big about it.

But in the last few months it started to happen more and more often, and I've been playing with the permanent low resolution textures for about 1-2 months.

Of course it also gets annoying in the long run because it takes away detail on smaller distances and there is no difference between the different textures anymore.

I've tried many things in the meantime, new worlds, no mods or low graphics settings.

But nothing has changed. Then I saw the post here and also tried a few things here, e.g. deleting the SE config file.

But what I found out is that if I change the graphics card in the game itself to "Microsoft Basic Render Driver" all textures are displayed correctly, the only disadvantage was that I only had <8 fps.

So what should I do?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file