This object is in archive! 

0 PCU grid / Search contract disconnects me from Server

hobbes409 shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

On Keen official server CA#2, I have a grid which shows up as 0 Blocks and 0 PCU.

When I open the admin tab of a contract block and try to create a search contract, and when I select the drop-down list for my grids I am disconnected from the server.

link to screen capture video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wXiICGmgnwYH4yVQzfX4uE55MZCc4udB/view?usp=sharing

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, please send us a blueprint of this grid, without it, we can only speculate.

Thanks for your cooperation and have a nice day,

Keen QA

photo

Can you offer instructions for how to create a blueprint of a grid with zero pcu?

Or how to identify which of my grids in the game is the one that is listed with zero?

photo

Dont delete 0 PCU grid, it will delete another one.

photo

Hello, hobbes409!

I appreciate this thread is quite old. Is this still an issue that persists with you or, can this now be closed if it is no longer an issue?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I'm not OP, but I can confirm the issue of bugged grids showing up as 0 Blocks and 0 PCU still exists.

And trying to delete them results in parts of other unrelated grids getting deleted.

Keen support requested a BP of the bugged grid - this is impossible, since they don't exist.

Suggest fix would be for keen to add some code that checks if clients list of grids is reporting as "0 Blocks and 0 PCU." - if so send debug data to keen.

photo

Hello, alexpb!

Thank you for the information. If you have experienced this issue on your own server, are you (or anyone else) able to supply a save file if you cannot supply a blueprint? I would need to reproduce the issue to report it and this would be a huge help.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I hadn't logged in for a while, so all my grids were removed from that server. I don't have the ability to reproduce it, since I don't know what caused it in the first place.

If it happens again, I can record my screen again and provide more video evidence.

If you read the original comments above, you can see that I asked for help with how to submit more info and received no suggestions.

photo

Hello, hobbes409!

I think the best way would certainly be to provide a save file from your own server if you happen to come across the same issue :)

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!