This object is in archive! 

Voxel Disapearnace from around bases

Robert-Alan Lynch shared this bug 23 months ago
Won't Fix

After this most recent patch, I loaded in and noticed that a very large volume of voxel material disappeared from around my base, leaving it mostly free floating.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Robert!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. Could you please confirm if this is single-player, Lobby, or on a server? Could you please provide a copy of the world for us to take a look at? Please make sure there are no mods involved. If you are running mods, can you please test without these as it could be an issue with one of these? We do not provide support for mods.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

By the time I had received the response from Laura, I had already replaced the vanished voxels using voxel hands. I have placed 3x3 LCD screens in the areas where the voxels disappeared for reference.

I suspect the voxels disappeared in part due to the proximity of several hinges that were present when the elevator was at the bottom of the shaft.

Of specific note, there is a single merge block at the top of the elevator shaft that will need to be turned off/removed before the elevator can be brought back down. It is currently being used to provide temporary stability while the remainder of the shaft is completed.

photo

Hello, Robert!

Thank you for the information. I note that your save file has had the mods removed. I assume that the mods were there when the issue with the voxels happened? Have you had this happen in a world without mods involved? I ask because we do not provide support for mods however, they can cause a wide array of issues. It could quite possibly be that the mods were the source of the issue. I understand you think the hinges could be the issue, could you replicate this in an un-modded world at all?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

This happened once before. And that was before I added mods into the world. I need to see if I still have the un-modded save to see if I can get the issue to duplicate itself.

photo

Hello, Robert!

Have you managed to find a world without the mods at all?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!