This object is in archive! 

Crash to desktop at MOTD when rejoining server

-- shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

This is a bit of a strange error, I can join a server (Keen AU #1) and play, but often if I quit (or am kicked for taking too long to have a cigarette), when I try to rejoin the server I get a crash right after the message of the day appears.

Sometimes Task manager reports the game is "Suspended" and shortly afterwards closes the game, but other times the game is reported as "Not Responding" and stays on top of all other windows on my main screen. It's only though using my second monitor that I can access task manager and end the task.

On a single occasion, I received the "GPU Drivers crashed / Overheating" error message, but ONLY once and my GPU runs a LOT hotter when I'm mining crypto whilst remaining stable so I'm pretty sure that was an incorrect error message.

During this "period of crashing", I can start single player games AND join other servers, only joining Keen AU #1 causes the crash.

After a period of time, and possibly a server restart, I can rejoin the server again.

I have tried deleting shader caches, joining another server, returning to main menu and trying again etc, solutions that I've found in my research of this issue.

Ultimately, the cause must be linked to the server.

PC Specs:

AMD 5950x (OC to 4.2Ghz all cores)

128GB 3200Mhz RAM

RTX 3090 OC

RTX 3070

1200W PSU

Win10 Pro

Game installed on 2TB Nvme drive.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I cannot see anything obvious in your log file but as you mention, the game doesn't actually crash but becomes unresponsive/freezes. Could you please provide your windows event viewer log when this happens?

I know you say you have tried some things but I will provide a list of things to please do in case you have not:

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/z1wtnOBgwFnxaYLdBVnL9W1RA6CUZDH0Jd_tLCkNj8zt3i-9x5T_8SNS14tZtO5-6D9WLB37gviChZUuHMNbByVm5527SS5Co9Al7rfzVS7qeCGMOllQcDtUBkQMv0qDs5kQKIja6m5rRG0VCw

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

You do not mention this but when you go away for a short time and this happens, do you have a screensaver or sleep mode at all? We have a report of this causing a similar effect here https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/screen-saver-sleep-mode

Please let me know

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I have been having this exact problem on a dedicated server and I have tried all found suggestions (ie deleting shadercache/spaceengineers.cfg and reinstalling the game). Taking a look at the servers console I see this message:

00:41:41.9220 [INFO] Keen: Peer2Peer_SessionRequest [007...983]

00:41:45.3141 [INFO] Keen: OnConnectedClient MSIMS attempt

00:41:45.5304 [INFO] MultiplayerManagerDedicated: Connection attempt by (mysteamID64) from (my IP)

00:41:45.7466 [INFO] MultiplayerManagerBase: Player MSIMS joined (mysteamID64)

00:41:45.8468 [INFO] Keen: World request received: MSIMS

00:42:45.9760 [INFO] MultiplayerManagerDedicated: Connection attempt by (mysteamID64) from 0.0.0.0

00:42:46.1763 [WARN] MultiplayerManagerDedicated: Player (mysteamID64) has already joined!

00:42:46.1943 [INFO] Keen: User left MSIMS

00:42:46.1943 [INFO] MultiplayerManagerBase: MSIMS (mysteamID64) Disconnected.

photo

Hello, MSIMS!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue. Could you please provide a full log from when this happens?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!