My Game crashes after about 20 to 30min into the Game

Martin Ersch shared this bug 2 years ago
Not a Bug

GTX 1060 6gb

16gb Ram 2400mhz

AMD Ryzen 5 2600

B450 pro-vdh max

I love the Game, but I can not play it :(

I have about 450h in Space Engineers, but this problem just occurred recently.

Best Answer
photo

I fixed it, it is not a Problem anymore. Even if it is a really weird reason, I want to share it to help others with the same Problems.

I have many USB Devices and so nearly all, except two USB Slots, are used, and it looks like one USB port is broken/malfunctioning and causing a short circuit. I found it by pure Luck, because I wanted to reinstall My Graphics Card (Unplug/plug), but needed to go somewhere else and just plugged out all the cable. And I arrive home and plug every cable in again and then one device constantly disconnects and reconnects, so I rearrange my cables to prevent contact and the malfunctioning USB port. And to my surprise it all works fine now.

Kind Regards

Martin

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Martin!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.

However, unfortunately, the game is not currently supporting Win11, so using it for playing can result in various issues.

Secondly, we do not support mods or scrips so would have asked for these to be removed as these can cause a wide array of issues. You should remove these and re-test.

I will provide our usual steps (some of which you have tried) which may help you but ultimately, as this is Windows 11 we can not offer more help

• Verify your game files in Steam
  • Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I played it without mods and scripts first, but then I thought if it crashes without mods, I can probably play it with them, and it would not change much. But thank you for your rapid response, I will try out your tips and publish the results here.

And I found out that turning down the Graphic Settings to medium (even though my pc could handle more) solves the Issue.

photo

(it takes longer to crash)

photo

I have rebooted my whole pc and forcefully downgraded it to Windows 10 and the same Issue is still existing.

I also tried every single step you proposed

photo

Here is a Log of a New Crash

photo

I fixed it, it is not a Problem anymore. Even if it is a really weird reason, I want to share it to help others with the same Problems.

I have many USB Devices and so nearly all, except two USB Slots, are used, and it looks like one USB port is broken/malfunctioning and causing a short circuit. I found it by pure Luck, because I wanted to reinstall My Graphics Card (Unplug/plug), but needed to go somewhere else and just plugged out all the cable. And I arrive home and plug every cable in again and then one device constantly disconnects and reconnects, so I rearrange my cables to prevent contact and the malfunctioning USB port. And to my surprise it all works fine now.

Kind Regards

Martin

Replies have been locked on this page!