This object is in archive! 

"There was an error starting world"

Brendan Xue shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

Here is my bug log.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, brendan!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. Could you please elaborate? Is this one particular save or is this every world you start? Has this only just started happening? I can see a couple of errors in your log. Could you please try the following?

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

After this, please let me know how you get on :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your reply. The bug appears in starting every new game. And interesting is that I can open my character setting but if I start new game and meet this bug first, my character setting will show the same bug and can't open too.

I'll try your method tomorrow, if I met any new problem I'll comment in time.

Thanks again~

photo

Hi Laura,

I did all steps you said, even redownload game, but it still doesn't work.

Here is my latest bug log, please help check, thank you~

photo

Hello, Brendan!

Thank you for the log. There is an IO exception in the log which may be connected to a problem with reading the disk from the drive. If you have the ability, could you please try to install the gamer on a different drive and let us know how you get on?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Thanks Laura, but it doesn't work again. And don't worry about me, I thought there are more difficult problems, cause I changed some C drive files a few mouths ago, and I'm other language user.

So I'd better wait next version, and try to open it again.

photo

Hello, Brendan!

Is this still an issue for you? If it has since been resolved, I will close this thread for you.

Please let me know

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

close it pls, thank you again

photo

Hello, Brendan!

Thank you so much! I will do so :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!