This object is in archive! 

Error message: "World [save name] failed to save"...

you dont need this shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

Problem began this evening. No system changes, nothing new installed, no updates to the system.

GPU dedicated memory usage not exceeding 75%, system memory usage not exceeding 25%.

Ample disk space available (~500gb)

Effects modded and un-modded worlds.

I have verified files, deleted the config file, cleared the shader cache folder contents and fully reinstalled the game.

Log file is attached but I believe this is the relevant set of entries:

2022-04-02 22:06:51.861 - Thread: 1 -> Saving world - START

2022-04-02 22:06:51.866 - Thread: 1 -> Making world state snapshot.

2022-04-02 22:06:51.866 - Thread: 1 -> Before snapshot.: GC Memory: 3,302 B

2022-04-02 22:06:52.023 - Thread: 1 -> After snapshot.: GC Memory: 3,303 B

2022-04-02 22:06:52.025 - Thread: 1 -> Directory cleanup: GC Memory: 3,303 B

2022-04-02 22:06:52.025 - Thread: 1 -> Saving world - END

2022-04-02 22:06:52.045 - Thread: 1 -> MyGuiScreenMessageBox MyGuiScreenBase.UnloadContent - START

2022-04-02 22:06:52.050 - Thread: 1 -> MyGuiScreenMessageBox MyGuiScreenBase.UnloadContent - END

2022-04-02 22:06:52.085 - Thread: 1 -> SaveFinished: failed to save the world at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)

at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()

at Sandbox.Game.Screens.Helpers.MyAsyncSaving.SaveFinished(MySessionSnapshot snapshot)

at ParallelTasks.Parallel.RunCallbacks()

at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.Update(MyTimeSpan updateTime)

at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Update()

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.UpdateInternal()

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunSingleFrame()

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedLoop.<>c__DisplayClass11_0.<Run>b__0()

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GenericLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunLoop()

at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)

at SpaceEngineers.MyProgram.Main(String[] args)

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. Please remove all mods and supply a log file from when you experience this issue from an un-modded world

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

My apologies, that was a second test world I was trying to troubleshoot with. The correct log file is now attached.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for the updated log.

I have had a look at others with a similar line of error and it seems a few were actually resolved by a re-install in most cases.

I appreciate you have tried this but I would try this again but try a full uninstall, delete any remaining files in the directory, and a full reinstall. I will provide all steps that we would suggest that fix quite a few issues (a couple of which you have tried)

• Verify your game files in Steam
  • Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know how you get on after these steps

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo
  • Verify your game files in Steam - All Files successfully validated @ 1145 MT
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file - Deleted @ 1145 MT
  • Delete ShaderCache folder - Deleted @ 1146 MT (Folder name is ShaderCache2?)
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it - Complete @ 1150 MT
  • Restart Steam - Complete at 1159
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017 - Conflict here - OS is bringing in VS Redist 2015-2019 and I cannot install a legacy version - issue identified 1204 MT, MS indicates fully backwards compatible.
  • Update graphic drivers - Current (V. 512.15) @ 1205.
    Saving comment pending reinstall.
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated - No update available (Current)

photo

Hi Laura,

It appears this is working now at least within context of Vanilla (mods not being your problem).

I bring this up only because it's so odd, the ONLY difference that I can think of between what I'd already tried and what you pointed me at (I found that same post you duplicated here and followed it before submitting a ticket) is I tried to install VC 2017 and received a rejection.

Fully admitting it's possible I missed a step when I was doing this the first time, just mentioning it because I'm pretty confident I did not and it's so bizarre.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

I'm glad you seem to have solved the issue with whichever step managed to do it :)

I will close this thread if this is okay? Please let me know

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Reinstall completed, creating new vanilla world to test with.

Replies have been locked on this page!