This object is in archive! 

Steam Controller does not work

Handagotes shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

I wrote a bug report a while ago about the issue with steam controller not working. KSH ignored this problem so I managed to figure out non-obvious solution with using virtual controller app which made my steam controller work PERFECTLY in space engineers. Time has passed so the solution is no longer relevant. Steam controller still does not work in game.

If you're going to say that steam controller is not going to be supported - you're wrong. It is able to emulate XBOX 360 controller which the game obviously supports and all the KSH should do is to fix bug that prevents SC from doing it.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Handagotes!

Unfortunately, this is not something that can be solved at the moment. We officially fully support just the Xbox controller. Sorry I could not give you better news in this instance. I know you already mentioned emulating but we only support the Xbox controller as mentioned and the Steam Controller is a separate controller.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

1. Space Engineers recognizes SC as "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)".

2. SC has been working perfectly in game with my workaround a year ago.

Thus, it does not need a special support you're talking about. You're not making a good point at justifying bugfix refusal.

Replies have been locked on this page!