Depositing components can put them in a connector, which shoves them back to the start

David Rickard shared this bug 2 years ago
Reported

Repro steps:

1) Create a welding ship and dock it to a station with a connector and cargo containers.

2) Put some components in the welding ship cargo.

3) Get in the welding ship cockpit and filter the left side to ship only and right side to all connected inventories.

4) Press the button to deposit all components.

Expected result:

All the components are deposited to the cargo containers on the station.

Actual result:

Some of the components are deposited to the connector on the station, which immediately shunts them right back into the welding ship.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, David,

thanks for letting us know!

However, I seems not to be able to reproduce this issue.

Once hitting the "Deposit all" button, all components, ores and ingots get properly moved to the base inventories (cargo and base connector). They stay there, not moving back as you are writing.

Can I please get more information?

Which "some" components are you seeing behave wrongly? Are they any special ones that are behaving the same all the time, or are those "some" components different each time?

Can I please get a video showing this bug and save file with prepared ship and base where you are already experiencing this issue? If I can see this issue happening to you and have the save file with the ship, base and the said components, it will be easier to reproduce it for me.

Also... are you not using any mods on the game where you are experiencing this issue? The components, that are moving around as you are writing, aren´t those some modded ones? I would need this issue to be reproducible on the vanilla (without mods) game.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Attached a save file (completely vanilla, no mods).

1) Jump in the cockpit

2) Filter left side to ship inventory

3) On right side have all connected inventories.

4) Press the "deposit components" button

When I press it, some components remain behind (and some reappear).

I tried to get a recording but the XBox recording feature that I normally use is giving me some cryptic error. Screenshot 1 shows the "before" I hit the transfer components button. Screenshot 2 shows "after". Immediately after transferring, the ws2 Connector is empty, but it quickly refills with the components you see. ws2 Cockpit never empties out.

photo

One more thing to note, sometimes the ship DOES completely clear out. But some components get put back in right after. I think that is what's happening with some of the components in my repro save. I think part of it might also be bug: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/24114-transferring-build-planner-components-steals-from-itself . Maybe you could fix them both?

photo

Hello, David,

thanks for quick response and for providing these files.

Still can not reproduce it when trying on my own in different world, but on yours it´s really broken. So having the save was ideed big help!

Issue was successfully reproduced and put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file