[1.200.029] Physics Exception Error

Slushtrap Gamer shared this bug 2 years ago
Need More Information

After the last update, many more physics based crashes, such as the one depicted below, started to appear, and so far there is no discernable cause to draw from.

022-03-05 07:03:37.578 - Thread: 19 -> Exception occurred: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at Havok.HkWorld.HkWorld_FinishMtStep(IntPtr world, IntPtr jobQueue, IntPtr threadPool)

at Sandbox.Engine.Physics.MyPhysics.StepWorldsParallel()

at Sandbox.Engine.Physics.MyPhysics.StepWorldsInternal(List`1 timings)

at Sandbox.Engine.Physics.MyPhysics.StepWorlds()

at Sandbox.Engine.Physics.MyPhysics.SimulateInternal()

at Sandbox.Engine.Physics.MyPhysics.Simulate()

at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.UpdateComponents()

at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.Update(MyTimeSpan updateTime)

at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Update()

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.UpdateInternal()

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunSingleFrame()

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedLoop.<>c__DisplayClass11_0.<Run>b__0()

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GenericLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunLoop()

at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)

at VRage.Dedicated.DedicatedServer.RunInternal(String instanceName)

at VRage.Dedicated.DedicatedServer.RunMain(String instanceName, String customPath, Boolean isService, Boolean showConsole, Boolean checkAlive)

at VRage.Dedicated.WindowsService.MainThreadStart(Object obj)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

Replies (11)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your report. Are you experiencing this issue also at the latest game version 200.032?

If yes, can you please provide us with more information including a save of your world and a full log? Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House, QA Department

photo

Heres a fresh one, similar crash. At the moment, from my observations the crash seems to occur when grids are being removed from the world, particularly through the entity list.

photo

Still appearing in the newest update (1.201) and with a higher frequency now.

photo

Hello, Slushtrap,

I take it this issue is still happening on your side as you wrote it's still happening on v201.

One player had the same issue and came up with the workaround/fix of this issue on his side. Can you please try it?

You would need to disable the feature described here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/core-isolation-e30ed737-17d8-42f3-a2a9-87521df09b78

For full player's way how to do it, please see this thread: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/25854-system-accessviolationexception

Let me know if this works for you as well.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Im going to assume your suggestion is to disable memory integrity. The problem is this feature was never enabled in the first place so its unlikely to have been the cause, and yes the issue is still being observed.

photo

A specific way of achieving this crash has arisen: fire a missile through a closing door, and it should cause the crash if the door hits the missile while closing. Attached a blueprint that should reliably achieve it.

photo

Hello, Slushtrap Gamer,

thank you so much for going on with this issue and trying to help us.

Unfortunately, I wasn't lucky to reproduce it neither with the provided blueprint. I tried single player, Lobby, dedicated server, tried in creative and survival. No luck.

Are you able to isolate this issue into a save file that you can provide, please? It might be something in the world setting and such. Also it would be great if you can provide a video of this issue happening, so I can follow your steps exactly.

Kind Regards

photo

Heres a footage of how we managed it with a different rig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byep6baPGHY. The timer block constantly closes/opens the door which made the crash occur much faster and with higher frequency when used as shown in the footage.

photo

Hello, Slushtrap,

thank you for yet another blueprint. But still no luck. Not with this one, nor with the other one. I even tried to put these two (or multiple instances of them) on server to shoot through doors at the same time... and the game/server was still up and running, no issue observed.

Can you please specify even more? Since you are sending SEDedicated logs, I take it that it's the server that is crashing, right? Not the game itself. Is there something observable in the client logs as well?

How often does the issue occur, when you try it with these blueprints? Or better... is there any (approximate) number of missiles that are shot before this issue happens? When the issue happens, the server crash immediately?

Can you reproduce it in other game modes (Lobby, SP) as well? Or only on server? On any (if you tried more), or just on this one specific?

Is there any difference when tried on survival and in creative? What mode are you playing on/using when you experience the issue?

Can you please share us the affected save file? I tried to have the settings as similar as possible, that I was able to get from the log(s), but still no luck. It must be something in the said world, maybe connected to some settings, other blocks/grid running on the server etc.

Kind Regards

photo

It is the host, in this case the server, that crashes. We have tried and successfully replicated similar behaviour on singleplayer and multiplayer from the same world. The error rate appears to be fairly high, atleast with this particular blueprint, and as far as i can tell a single missile is enough, more just make the error occur faster. Number of shot missiles varies but its usually low, around 1-10, and the server crashes immediately since this is an exception somewhere in the program itself. Game mode does not seem to make much of a difference. Since more than one world was affected i doubt it has something do with the individual saves, but i have included the world configuration in case that might reveal something.

photo

The exception is still observable in the current version of the game (1.202.119).

Leave a Comment

Attach a file