This object is in archive! 

System.AccessViolationException

Robin Kittrell shared this bug 20 months ago
Solved

I have found a potential incompatibility with the HVCI Memory Integrity Setting in Windows 10 21H2, and possibly other versions. Attached is a sample crash log. The problem was not present initially, but starting a day or two ago, it became impossible to do anything past the main menu. Connecting to a remote game; running a local game, even with experimental mode off; or even using the character customizer on the main menu. Since all the crash logs mentioned "weather", I also tried a brand new world with weather disabled from the start, and still couldn't load. Verified game files through Steam, ran DXdiag, and a Windows memory check. Finally, disabling the feature described here allowed the character customizer and the rest of the game to work: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/core-isolation-e30ed737-17d8-42f3-a2a9-87521df09b78

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Robin,

thanks for letting us know about this issue that you were experiencing.

From your text, is seems that you managed to fix the issue on your side, therefore, there is nothing mors we can do for you now.

Thanks for letting us know about possibility of this Windows feature could lead towards this kind of problem with the game. I will make sure to remember all this information that you provided and when possible, for players suffering with same symptoms, I will instruct them to try this fix/workaround as well.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!