This object is in archive! 

Corrupt save file

Konnor Klein shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

Hi! I have no mods whatsoever and I've tried everything I could find online ei: reinstall, loading backups, lowering graphic settings, deleting all files (like cfg). I just can't get it to work. I've even sent the save to another friend to see if it was my PC but it did not work on theirs. It was working perfectly fine, next morning it quit. I'm just wondering if and what I can do to get it back

I've included my save - there's just one world (5 backups) and my log file

Files: Save.zip

Replies (4)

photo

You may be able to work on it with SE Toolbox. Its a program some guy made years ago that lets you mess with save files and potentially fix them. https://github.com/mmusu3/SEToolbox/releases

photo

Unfortunately that didn't work. I have tried it and they even have a repair button but it says everything is good. Although it does let me open the world and change stuff -- not sure if that could help me

photo

Soooo, what happens when you load one of the backups?

photo

I have tried all 5 and it just gives me the same error. But it's so weird! Like I loaded the backups many times because I kept crashing my ship, and then I just closed the world and none of them have worked since

photo

I have managed to fix this issue! If anyone else has this I found something you can try. First load up SE Toolbox and try to repair your world. That didn't work for me but it might work for you. I then loaded up SE Toolbox and opened the world save, sorted by type and deleted all of the "Unknown" items. This just magically fixed it! 1 other issue that could have been causing this was experimental mode. One of my friends had a mining rig with a script running and honestly it was that same night that the save became corrupt. So I decided to delete those stations just incase they were causing some issues.

photo

Hello, Konnor,

thanks for letting us know and for coming back to comment more on it.

Glad that you made your game working again!

Will close this thread as there is nothing needed anymore from our side.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!