This object is in archive! 

Game crash while joining to a official server

Mr Grim shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

I started the game normally from Steam, then I tried to join the server where I have been playing with my colleagues, the server is the keen world CA #1, after that, the game starts loading to enter the server and when it is about to end, it freezes and one of several things happens, it freezes and I have to log out of windows to be able to exit the game, it closes automatically after an undetermined amount of time, or it enters the game normally (very rarely) I've run antivirus scans, updated the graphics driver, reinstalled, verified file integrity, checked the firewall, searched various posts about this issue on this page and nothing seems to work. I attach the log of the last time I tried it.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Mr Grim!

Sorry you have experienced this issue. There doesn't appear to be an exception/crash in your log. Would it be possible to see a log from your Windows event viewer to see if anything is happening there? Is this only happening in CA #1?

I will also suggest the following in the meantime (I appreciate some you have tried)

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I have tried everything you recommended, nothing seems to work. Space engineers keeps crashing or freezing, sometimes windows says it has "stopped working" and closes, other times it shows that the graphics driver has crashed or overheated, when monitoring the temperature of all the components of my pc in real time, none of these it reaches high levels and I have good cooling, other times it closes without appearing anything, and others, it simply enters the server normally. All of the above happens only when I finish loading to join a game (enter the server) and before the environment where I am (an asteroid) appears on the screen. Reinstalling hasn't fixed the problem and I've done it at least 4 times.

I attach the files created in the space engineers roaming folder the last time it crashed

photo

Hello, Mr Grim!

Thank you for the information. There isn't an exception (crash) in your log. Do you happen to know what actually happened in this isntance? Was it an actual crash? I wonder if anything is showing in your windows event viewer when this happens?

Have you tried rolling back your graphics drivers at all as you mention this. Is it just happening in this server only? No other servers on singleplayer games?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it,

we are closing this thread as outdated. In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!