This object is in archive! 

Game won't start, support page solution makes no sense

Bradley Greene shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

I recently purchased this game through Steam and it would not start. When I click play/double-click the desktop shortcut Steam looks like it tries to start the game but nothing appears on my screen. I try to start the game again and Steam says the game is already running, despite Task Manager displaying nothing. I looked through the support page to find a fix and the only thing that relates to my issue is a message saying the game is already running, although the solution to the issue makes no sense to me. The support page says the problem is caused by a TeamSpeak 3 overlay and the solution is to turn it off. However, I do not have TeamSpeak 3 installed nor has it ever been installed on my PC. How can something that does NOT exist, nor ever existed, on my PC be affecting the game so severely by "existing"? I have opened the APPDATA and a text document appears after every attempted start of the game.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Bradley!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. Please both steps:

• Add -skipintro into the game launch options
  • e85fc09208b68680cbcd2eda56e923f4
  • Renaming / Deleting "\Steam\SteamApps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Videos" folder

Please let me know how you get on with this :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I did both of these and nothing has changed. I would like to add that when looking in the log it shows this and abruptly ends. I don't know much about code but it looks like it just shuts down after it can't find the config file.

2022-02-24 14:15:04.328 - Thread: 1 -> MyConfig.Load() - START

2022-02-24 14:15:04.330 - Thread: 1 -> Path: C:\Users\bigbg\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\SpaceEngineers.cfg

2022-02-24 14:15:04.330 - Thread: 1 -> Config file not found! C:\Users\bigbg\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\SpaceEngineers.cfg

2022-02-24 14:15:04.332 - Thread: 1 -> NewNewGameScreen: False

2022-02-24 14:15:04.334 - Thread: 1 -> MyConfig.Load() - END

photo

Hello, Bradley!

Thank you for the reply.

Could you please take a look at this thread https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/game-wont-start_20 I remember that this user had an issue with their config file too. They solved the issue eventually as you can see. I would also suggest doing everything recommended in my original reply.

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards

laura, QA Department

photo

Hey Laura, I face the same problem on Xbox.

photo

After doing everything, resetting my PC is what fixed the issue.

photo

Hello, Bradley!

Thank you for letting us know :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!