This object is in archive! 

"Steam: Error accessing service." when attempting to Publish Blueprint to Steam

R shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Doesn't matter what I try and publish as a blueprint, I receive this error. I'll go ahead and mention that I've got 3,000 hours on this game, have had a Steam account for 17 years and I'm a SysAdmin (working with Windows machines).

Everything uploads to mod.io fine.

Things I have done to make Steam work:

-Formatted 2 spare PCs, fully updated Windows 10 + all drivers, downloaded and installed Steam+Space Engineers... same or similar error.

-Used both machines to use a different internet connection.. same error.

-Created a new Steam account and bought another copy of SE with one of these new machines... that allowed me to upload blueprints. However, I do not want to upload this blueprint under another username.

I was able to at one point upload a 2 block blueprint under the problematic account - but the next subsequent attempt was immediately met with the same reoccurring error again.

I'm also able to upload blueprints only if I delete the thumbnail.png. But this would prevent me from being able to have a thumbnail on the workshop - so that's not a solution.

Other things I have done:

-Made sure every thumbnail.png is under 1MB and 1280x720 reso.

-Steam Cloud is disabled.

-Unsubscribed from all but < 30 workshop items.

If it all possible I would like to get this resolved sooner rather than later, the blueprint I originally have been trying to upload has over 100 hours on it and I'll be heading out of town here in less than 24 hours. I'd really like to have it uploaded before then. Thanks.

Replies (3)

photo

Is it typical to not receive a response for days?

photo

Hello, R!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

We have had a few users with this issue and it seems to be fixed by either steps they have found work or, in some cases it has suddenly started working.

Our usual first steps are the below:

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If you are still having the issue, could you please supply the file you're trying to upload and I'll see if I experience the same issue :)

There are also some threads such as this and also this which may be worth looking at :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it,

we are closing this thread as outdated. In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file