This object is in archive! 

Game Crashes

James Mills shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

Whenever i try to connect to a server my game says i cannot connect to the server, on top of this anytime i connect to my friends server who hosts dedicated servers, i also crash his server as soon as i connect the whole server crashes. I am unable to play the game at this current time and need help as i have less than 2 hours in the game and its all been spent attempting to fix this issue. Also i believe i also may have unknowingly crashed an official server when attempting to join.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Hames,

thanks for letting us know.

However, in the logs you provided is not any obvious reason, expeption, error that would point on the problem.

Howeve, I can see that you are using ASUS PC for playing. There is known issue (with similar symptoms - crashing servers) with some players that are using ASUS native gaming app GameFirst. Are you sure this is not yoru case? Can you check? If you have it on your PC, can you please close/disable it before launching the game?

Other thing that crossed my mind as I was reading through the logs - you have insane ammount of serve filters requests. Can you please try to turn the filters off completely?

Do I understand it right that you are not able to connect to the servers, but the game itself isn´t crashing? You think it would be possible to share me also log from server, please?

Regarding other information - it´s only when you want to go online on server? Are you able to play single player game without problems?

You can always try some of these steps to try to fix the game on your side:

• Verify your game files in Steam - right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) - you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder - same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know if anything from above worked for you. Also any more information that you can share (including, but not only) the server logs, will be great help for me!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

It was the GameFirst app, someone on the discord told me to delete it and i did and its working

photo

Hello, James,

thanks for reaching back and for confirming that it was this issue. I´m happy you managed to resolve it and are able to play again flawlessly. :)

Will mark this one as solved as there is not further action needed from our side.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file