This object is in archive! 

custom turret doesn't have option for rotor inverse

cryptolazer shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

have a rotor turret (rotor, hinge, autocannon, 2x cargo container, camera) mounted upside down on the under side of a craft

the hinge is correct however the rotor is inverted to my input

i got the hinge in the right orientation but the turret i made before it i had the hinge 180 degrees around and was moving my mouse to aim upward and the turret was aiming downward

i can see this being a basic issue however it would be nice to have a invert input motion button so we dont have this issue again

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your report. Can you please provide us with additional information? What the turret controller blocks says is the aiming reference? And also do you have a camera on your turret? Thank you!

Kind regards,

Keen Software House, QA Department

photo

after some time I realized I might have left half finished sentences let me rephrase.

I built a rotor turret on a craft I was making ,and I was using the new custom turret block to do this

the rotor turret was mounted on the underside of the craft and when I went to control it my left/right controls were reversed.

I had this happen on a previous turret except it was the up/down motion.

I understand what the issue is. it is like when you go to use rotors and you have to spin the rotor slightly to figure out if the value you want is on the negative or positive side and then adjust for it to go in the direction you want.

so where you can easily reverse the rotor to change the direction this cannot be done through the custom turret block.

photo

That's what the two "velocity multiplier" settings are for. To reverse mouse input, change the value from positive to negative and the rotation direction will be reversed.

dd4342e8a6fb772e9e57d409f837f6c0

photo

Thank you for telling me. I didn't realize I have not messed with those values and just thought that it reduced the sensitivity to zero and that was it

photo

Hello!

Thank you for the further explanation. If I understand correctly the issue is resolved when using the two "velocity multiplier" settings?

We have reported a related issue with hinges: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/22685-aim-custom-turret-block-randomly-inverted-after-construction

Kind regards,

Keen Software House, QA Department

photo

Yes thank you

photo

sorry hit a wrong button and it uploaded befor i was ready have just updated my original post

photo

Hello, Engineers!

it´s already quite long time from when this issue was originally posted as well as from the last comment.

Are you still experiencing it? Or was it fixed in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for confirming me current situation.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!