This object is in archive! 

Game not starting/immediately crashing

roman seemann shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

The Game keeps crashing right after the small Heavy industry update window.

Previous steps:

Deleted and re-downloaded the game (including the folder in AppData)

Disabled antivirus

Log is attached

Please help me fix this, I just bought the new DLCs!

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, roman,

thanks for letting us know and we are sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue.

I did read your log and from the exceptions found there ("Exception occurred: System.TypeInitializationException") and the fact from the beggining of the log (missing config file), it seems like this is rather error on the Windows side, sadly (faulty installed update/Windows).

We have several "less painful" workarounds that might work for you, so you can try these first:

• Verify your game files in Steam - right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete ShaderCache folder from the Appdada/SE folder
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers if not up-to-date
  • Reinstall the game - meaning unintalling it completery with no leftovers in Appdata/SE folder and Steam/steamapps/common/SE as well (if some files are still present in any of these folders, please delete them manually)
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

You might also try to ask some friend/other player, to send you his cfg file and you would just copy paste it into the Appdata/SE, as none is actually created for you as this file is automatically created once in the actuall game.

If nothing from above works, I fear that you would need to do either soft reset of Windows, or reinstall them completely, as this helped other players suffering with this exception as seen e.g. here or here2.

Hope some of these above would work for you and fix the game so you are able to play again.

Please let me know.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file