Pressurization Issue: Oxygen state around ship doesn't update

JueBluice shared this bug 2 years ago
Reported

I've been having this issue for a long time now in both singleplayer and multiplayer, it consistently happens whenever I transfer between vacuum and atmosphere (and vice versa). The oxygen level around the ship refuses to update, resulting in "dead zones" on planets and strange areas in space where I can take off my helmet and survive where I should not be able to.

In the video I have included, this issue is demonstrated with teleporting, but this also happens when travelling normally between surface to space and back. Demonstrated on a brand new world with no mods. Though this video was recorded slightly after the Warfare 1 update, the issue is still present as of the Heavy Industry update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT_9XepkBV8

This issue can be solved by repasting the grid or reloading the save, which is certainly an annoyance in single player, but is not a viable option in multiplayer servers where I don't have access to the admin menu or the ability to restart the server.

I have verified the files and reinstalled the game multiple times to no avail. I have tested it on two separate computers and still consistently got this problem on both of them.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Ray,

thanks for letting us know about your issue and we are sorry that you are experiencing in a first place.

However, I was not able to reproduce the issue as shown on the video.

You thing it might be possible to share me the blueprint of the ship or better whole save file where this ship is already pasted into the world (although is seems that it is just normal Earth-like, right? But still - can be something in the initial game settings and such. So save file would be definitely better for us).

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Here is a new world folder that I have proven to have this issue:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RPTmcnjg8PuQHkZ4uWNoU9ozQmZXiN6M?usp=sharing

photo

Hello, Ray,

thanks for both - the video and the save. Issue was successfully reproduced and put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello,

This still appears to be an issue as of the Warfare Evolution update. I was wondering if there are plans to fix it or if there is at least some way I can counteract it in the meantime. What exactly causes this problem anyway? Is it triggered by some sort of world setting?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file