Odd Ship Acceleration even though no pilot input

Bill L shared this bug 2 years ago
Reported

Noticed this issue after latest update.

Large Ship has odd acceleration with no pilot input. Have checked all thrusters and gyros have overrides disabled. It appears to move upward, forward and pitch up (rotate nose up). This appears to be from an adverse interaction between some components (hinge, piston, drill) and an "airtight hangar door".

See attached series of screen shots for more details.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Bill!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I appreciate you have provided a PDF but I think it would be best to see this from a save with reliable reproduction steps to help us understand and reproduce the issue :) If you could please supply this, this would be excellent.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Ship displaying symptoms is Criuser2 [CAG2]. The screenshots I sent you shows the results of the following test.

Steps to confirm:

Latch ship to a stationary object in a zero G location. (e.g. Landing Gear attached to a platform)

Check:

• Ion thrusters = ON
  • Mining Bay Door = CLOSED
  • Drill Arm components = OFF (there are three arms)

Test:

• Turn Drill arms = ON
  • Unlatch by turning landing gear to = UNLOCK
  • Observe acceleration and dampener response causing thrusters to counteract acceleration
  • Turn Ion Thrusters to = OFF
  • Observe velocity ramping up noting various reaction vectors

File attached

photo

Hello, Bill!

Thank you for this save. I have been looking at this and it appears that just turning the drill arms to ON is causing the movement, would you agree? I also see you said you noticed this after the latest update, I have tried it on the previous version and can see it performs the same. Did you only notice it after the recent update or, had you tested it on the previous update? :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I started the build before the update but it was flight ready after the update. So I never tried to fly it before the update. While I was building the arms (before update), I did notice some weird motion of the arms at one point. They were vibrating even though there was no command input. I got out of the game and then back in and it seemed to go away. Sometimes it is hard to tell because of the shimmer along edges due to sunlight creeping through objects while the sun angle changes. I have used the ship quite a bit since I started this message thread and it works fine as long as I keep things turned off; unless I'm anchored down using the arms (to mine ice mostly).

Regards,

Bill

photo

Hello, Bill!

Thank you for the further information. I have successfully reproduced the issue as mentioned previously and have now reported it internally :) Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file