(Unknown signal) "Special cargo drops"

EDGE shared this bug 2 years ago
Reported

I've been noticing that as I'm building on the planet surface I'm getting surrounded by cargo drops that never go away. I usually dont bother to much about them as I find the skins really poorly and for the most part I dont get anything when hitting the button anyway. But when I do go over there to take out the content It never blows up and a lot of them, if not all, never disappear. Given that you have put a limit to the PCU it doesn't make much sense and I find it hard to belive that this is intended.

Having this problem I wanted to create something that automatically retrieved them from my surroundings. But the sensors dont pick up on the cargo drops as the cargo drops don't register as floating object or as anything else before you've already started taking them a part.

Because we are not given a way to adjust "tool sounds" I actually avoid using the "Grinder" more than absolutely necessary for the simple fact that it's incredibly noisy compared to other "in game sounds" and for the most part wile I build, I'm forced to turn the game sounds so far down that I actually can't hear the game sounds anymore. This means that I'm not about to go flying around and grind all those cargo drops until it actually crashes the game and renders it unplayable. Intended or not, this also should get fixed.

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, EDGE,

we´re sorry that you are experiencing this issue.

Well, there is couple of things you can do:

1. untick the "Enable unknown signals" in Advanced settings - that way you won´t get any, if you are not trying to use them/collect them anyway.

2. do you have any save world flooded with these signals? Is it possible to share it with me, please? I´m not sure if unknown signals are/shall by counted into your PCU limit. Would take me ages to have some decent number of them already on the planet in order to try it on my own. So the world where it is already broken and visible and the signal containers are already there would be great help!

Thanks for your reply, whatever it would be - if you decide to turn the unknown signals off (and that will sort your issue out), or if you provide the save file.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Response to point 1.: I dont want to disable the drops all together as I do find the occasional ressurs drop useful and it's something to do wile you wait for something to get finishen or recharged. I also need more information on the consequences of changing the "settings" or using "creative mode" or adding "mods" for that matter. Up until now I haven't dared mess with it as I can't find any information about it. Does using creative mode, changing setting or adding mods result in any achievements or rewards to be dismissed?

Response to point 2.: I dont think the cargo drops are counted in to my PCU limit but I haven't really checked either. My point was that because there is a limit, the game is probably trying to hold "block counts" down, but these drops are just adding to the total PCU for no reason.

Up until know I have been moving around a lot and on occasion tried cleaning up all these drops. So the situation could be worse but I'll make a point out of this and start marking all the drops so it will be easier to find and give you and autopiloted tour of my "litter box" when it starts getting substantial again. ^^

photo

It sounds like you need more aggressive grid clean up settings. If you hit Ctrl+F10 you should go to your "trash clean up" menu and see what the grid limit is for cleaning. If you have the "powered" box unchecked (which it is by default) and the block count set very low (i.e. 5) then these drop pods will be eligible for regular grid clean up immediately after the battery dies.

photo

Hello, EDGE,

no, don´t you worry. Changing setting, using experimental mode or having some mods in the game is not affecting achievements at all. So you can try to change those as much as you wish.

Thanks for making some "special" world save for me, so you can share it in order for me to try it as well.

But Farty Party might be right as well, and his advice might actually help you the best! In this case you just need to be sure any of your grid won´t run out of power, or they might be deleted as well.

Anyway... if you manage to make a save as you wrote, and still see it as an issue even after trying to mess around with the trash removal settings, let me know when it´s done and share it here, please.

Kind Regards

photo

I've created a save file for you that list the position of almost 50 cargo-drops. I decided that creating an automated tour out of it was probably going to bore you to death and the collision avoidance leaves a lot to be desired. Instead it auto-undocks for you and you kan take control of the ship your self and fly to the positions you want.

Undock/dock:

Wile in the "Passenger Seat" access the "Control Panel" via "K" and select the "White Remote Control" just a few lines down. (It's also grouped in to a "group" called "*Probe Remote Control" at the top of the list.) Now select "Autopilot". It will disconnect, and position it self on top of the site. You can now ether take control of the ship via the remote control or hit "Auto pilot" again to make it dock.

Happy cargo hunting o/

photo

Hello, EDGE!

Thanks for the save. From this the issue was successfully reproduced and thus put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Leave a Comment

Attach a file