This object is in archive! 

game ctd/ graphics driver crash on joining friends through steam

Bida shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Hi, recently I've been trying to join a game hosted by a steam friend on PC. 90% of the time however, my game will crash to desktop with or without a crash message. In windows event viewer it tells:

Faulting application name: SpaceEngineers.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0xbdc4921a
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 27.21.14.6611, time stamp: 0x60749ec6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000003ade4f
Faulting process id: 0xcfc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7371eb67c368e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Bin64\SpaceEngineers.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_7d91b2ed40558a26\nvwgf2umx.dll
Report Id: ba380c30-7c49-4a53-ad54-bfd2c41c96c0
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Having searched online, it appears this issue is with Nvidia drivers and has been around since 2014, and still hasnt been fixed.

I have tried:

-updating nvidia drivers to latest (clean install)

-using DDU to erase all older versions of the drivers

-ran the game without the Geforce Experience

-tried several older versions of the drivers

system stats:

-intel i7 9700k

-16 GB ram

- geforce gtx 1660 Ti

Replies (3)

photo

I should also note: i play the game in experimental mode, and it only happens in multiplayer as far as I can tell

photo

Hello, Bida,

thanks for letting us know about this one. Unfortunately, I had no luck in reproducing this bug so far. Tried on two PCs, both with nVidia GPUs.

Other players seems to have this connected to digging giant holes in the affected worlds; is this your case as well? You write it is happening in MP only - by that you mean Lobby MP (in game), or running the server locally (dedicated server)?

You think it would be possible to share me the save of the affected world, please?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

If your friend is hosting the game, please as him to share the save file, please; if would be really great help!

Seem that temporary fix is either to load some of the back-up save (that way you will loose some progress, though :-( ) or by deleting the Sharedcache folder located in the roaming folder (path written above). Please try these, maybe it might work for you at least for some time.

Thanks in advance for your reply and possible for providing the save file.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

The survival world is locally hosted by a friend. I did read somewhere about deleting Sharedcache, but it doesnt exist in my game directory, only ShaderCache2. On the world i did remove quite a decent portion of voxels for my asteroid base, but nothing insane as i only used a hand drill to do so.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kIYS4LjIKDK1XIE1WsU94kMsxKFpmDIZ/view

here is the world link he sent me

photo

Hello, Bida,

yes, that´s the one you shall try to delete :) Sorry not to specify better the first time.

Can you please try it and let me know?

There is something odd with the save that you provided, though :( It seems I can not make it stay in working state for... actually, no time. In less than one minute from the moment I enter the server with with one or two players, I got messages about "Connection problems" and the server restarts.

Also there is no available spawn point for me when entering the game on the server - not in the "aaaaaa" faction, nor when out of the faction. I can only spawn in Space pod, or Space suit. Can not locate the place with base where this problem occurs :(

You think you can double check whether it´s the same server save as where you have the problem? Make sure it includes everything needed to play on it and to run it without problems?

Thanks.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!