This object is in archive! 

Intense Flashing screen 1.196

Copycat80 shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

Since update 1.196 (the physics and server update), I have been experiencing INTENSE screen flashing at seemingly random times.

The entire screen flashes white and as bright as it can for about a second with about 3 flashes in that second.

I thought that this might be a lightning flash but weather is disabled in the world and when I used my admin menu to spawn lightning the effect was not similar to what I have been experiencing.

The flashing only seems to happen when I am running near multiple small grids.

Due to the intense nature of the flashes I hope you can get on this right away as I am sure they could cause a seizure to someone who has them and is not even looking directly at the screen. ie in the same room.

World I am using: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2142879243

Thanks

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for contacting us. I wasn't able to reproduce your issue. Since you use several mods in this world,

it could be caused by a certain mod or by combination of mods which we have no control over. Can you please confirm this issue also occurs without mods?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I have the same issue, I am going to need to roll back to an older version if this keeps happening, it is very distracting The flashing happens seemingly randomly even in a completely empty world, and on the main menu, i am using the latest DirectX version and graphics drivers. I am using no mods. Started happening after the 1.196 update came out.

Specs:

Graphics Card: Nvidea 1660 Super

CPU: Intel i5 -9600K

16GB RAM

Idk if that matters but i thought i might add it because it might be important if for some reason my graphics card is fundamentally broken with the game :/

photo

I have the same issue, I am going to need to roll back to an older version if this keeps happening, it is very distracting The flashing happens seemingly randomly even in a completely empty world, and on the main menu, i am using the latest DirectX version and graphics drivers. I am using no mods. Started happening after the 1.196 update came out. :/

Specs:

Graphics Card: Nvidea 1660 Super

CPU: Intel i5 -9600K

16GB RAM

Idk if that matters but i thought i might add it because it might be important

photo

Hello!

Thank you for your information. Which operating system do you use? Is it updated?

I would also recommend you to:

• Update your graphic drivers
  • Install VC Redist 2017 (in case you don't have it)
  • Reinstall the game
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg
  • Start the game

Thank you.

Kind Regards

photo

Yes everything is up to date, Graphics card, (I am using windows, that is up to date too). deleting SpaceEngineers.cfg did nothing. :/

photo

Hello, Kitten!

Are you still experiencing this issue on the newest version 197.069? Some players claim that they solved some graphical issues with complete uninstall and reinstall of graphic drivers. We will appreciate any additional information. Thank you.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello Engineer,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it,

we are closing this thread as outdated.

In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a

different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!